xmltv & Atlas Metabroadcast - replacing UK Radio Times (2 Viewers)

hucknallred

Portal Pro
February 21, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I may explore some other options whilst I have a test system going, but what is your experience of repeat flags and season / episode info from Atlas?

lisa

It seems OK to me. Just re linked all my services, then gone & fixed all my schedules with the 'new' channels.

Pointless has all the episode numbers for the next week or so, then a repeat is flagged, but this may be argus seeing it as a dupe? I think the data will be updated nearer the time. Pointless is notorious for break a run mid series.
oqx01e.png

Family guy looks OK too, has repeat flags & episode numbers, but is the repeat flagged from my recored history? I've never looked at the repeat flag before.

16ad0yf.png

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    That's not too bad then, just presented differently than what I am used to. The repeat flag, I believe, is a post processing option with XMLTV GUI. I expect I will return to Atlas if the Radio Times feed does disappear, as you say, at least it is new and actively being worked on, so may well get better yet. So, thanks again for the info.

This is how I have the RT data presented, which I really like, so will be sad if I have to lose some of that quality!

Capture.PNG

hucknallred

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Ooh, where'd you get the logos?[DOUBLEPOST=1422482428][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I had one error though, when using this command:
    xmltv tv_grab_uk_atlas --days 14 --output C:\ProgramData\ARGUS TV\XMLTV\tvguide.xml
    I have never used XMLTV, but I notice that the filespec has a blank in it, between "ARGUS" and "TV". The usual convention is to enclose filespecs in quotes if they contain blanks, e.g. "file spec"; this allows the program to parse the parameters correctly. Note that this is only a convention; it is up to the author of XMLTV to decide how he wants to parse the parameters.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

I can confirm the quotes do work for the output, but Argus doesn't like the xml file being there whilst it's being written. So a command to copy the file at the end is the way to go.

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Okay, thanks for the tip on the file moving.

I think I got the logos from when I switched from MediaPortal TV Server to Argus TV, I had them backed them up from the MediaPortal logomanager plug in, then I have added new ones manually for new channels just via a google images search.

If you do a google search for uk tv channel logo packs, there are quite a few out there. These ones look quite nice actually:

http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Media.ChannelLogos#toc2

lisa

Philip Colmer

May 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I'm trying to use this process with Argus and getting really stumped over the mess of different channel names.
    Is there a way to change the channel names used in the XML file created by this process so that Argus imports the data against the channel names it has found?
    Or is there a different way of sorting out the mismatch of names?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom