XMLTV GUI - Radio Times Vs Digiguide EPG (Whats best?) (1 Viewer)

khalil345

September 19, 2013
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
plz send working file in xml file which many more channel w8 good reply

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    UPDATE: My Digiguide WEBEPG has stopped working o_O

Nothing has changed at my end, but after grabbing data for one or two channels, I get connection time out issues. I tried a few different tweaks to no avail, so I am presuming that Digiguide is kicking me off of this particular opening.

So, I gave Digiguide £14.99 and downloaded and set up their Windows TV Guide, and got it configured to work with XMLTV GUI. I also found some of the post processing options in the XMLTV GUI software, so I had a play with them and can now do a thorough comparison of Radio Times vs Digiguide via XMLTV GUI (using postprocessing)....

RADIOTIMES (free)
    12 days of data but the freeview radio channels are not available, and some fringe TV channels are missing.
    Typical entry in the EPG looks like this:

Frasier (R) (S1E18/24 - And the Whimper Is)

DIGIGUIDE (£14.99 per year)
    14 days of data on most channels
    Typical entry in the EPG looks like this:

Lovejoy (1993) (S5E10 - Goose Bumps)

So, annoyingly, RadioTimes is still the winner for me, Digiguide misses the (R) flag, and more importantly the Z in SXEY/Z

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    So, annoyingly, RadioTimes is still the winner for me, Digiguide misses the (R) flag, and more importantly the Z in SXEY/Z
    IIRC the data is there just not visible via the DG2XML skin. You can tweak the xmltvgui script to pull out this data (I have a slightly amended script which sets the HD flag)

The problem is that the repeat flag is actually a separate field from the title but MP does not recognise this.

Will try and remember to post me amended script tonight

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I did ask Digiguide if they could include the Z in SXEY/Z as this isn't shown on the Windows version of Digiguide and they said:

That is quite a big change, I will discuss it with our development team and get back to you.

I think that means 'No' o_O

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I just got a formal response from Digiguide...

We have discussed this internally. Whilst we can see why an addition such as this would be useful I'm afraid it would be huge task to implement and would require significant time and resources.

It is something which we may be able to do down the line but at this point I cannot guarantee that or give a rough time line.

It will however remain on our internal list of possible additions

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    and some fringe TV channels are missing

Actually i've noticed that myself so looked into it. I read somewhere that RT are not adding any new channels to the XML feed now so unfortunately it seems like it might die a death in future. I've noticed the following channels dont have XML provision: Drama, movie mix, true entertainment, 5 later and maybe another one i've forgotten.

Actually ve only just discovered movie mix and true entertainment as i thought they were part of those BS channels that make you pay for content. Theres actualy some pretty cool movies on them! I taped flash gordon the other day but thats a different matter.......

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    have any of you guys tried bleb.org for xml data?

i was just looking on the xmltv gui site http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/ and saw it referenced

i went to bleb and looked through a few guide pages but wondered if it was worth the effort trying it in mp

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I have tried it via WebEPG, I found that there was limited channels and limited episode /season numbers in the data.

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    ok thanks i dont think il waste any time with that then, ill just stick to RT :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom