XMLTV Import Doesn't Parse Rating (Classification) Tag Correctly (1 Viewer)

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    I was poking around in the SQL Server Database recently, and noticed that the classification field in the Program table was not properly being populated. I checked my tvguide.xml and it is correctly encapsulating the appropriate values according to the xmltv dtd, but this isn't making it into the DB.

According to the docs, xmltv files should encapsulate program ratings (ie. classifications) as follows:

<rating>
    <value>PG</value>
    </rating>

What I am seeing in the DB is the entire contents of the <rating> tag, including the white space characters, and the <value> </value> tags.

Here is a snippet of my tvguide.xml (copied and pasted directly from a text editor with no edits), and a screenshot of the corresponding DB entry:

Code:
      <programme start="20080829083000 +1000" stop="20080829090000 +1000" channel="ABC-Vic">
        <title>Sesame Street</title>
        <desc>Join Big Bird, Oscar, Elmo, Bert, Cookie Monster, the Count and many other characters to learn the alphabet and to count with Count von Count, but most of all just have a good time, in this age old favourite children's educational program.</desc>
        <category>Educational</category>
        <category>Children</category>
        <category>Educational Group</category>
        <category>Childrens Group</category>
        <rating>
          <value>G</value>
        </rating>
        <star-rating>
          <value>0/10</value>
        </star-rating>
      </programme>

Cheers,