XmlTv import fails (1 Viewer)

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Pretty new MediaPortal (1.6.0) user here.

This must be something simple, but I’m completely baffled: Upon set-up import of EPG with XmlTv plugin (using mc2xml) works beautifully. And then manual update works fine.

But once the EPG is out of date, “expired,” so to speak, the import will not work (I have resaved the mappings and everything beforehand--done everything exactly the same). Import status shows “successful,” and all channels imported, but total programs imported is 0.

I use MediaPortal for my PC guest account (because Media Center seemingly can’t be used on guest accounts), so it gets used intermittently, and thus I would like to update the EPG manually, when I have houseguests.

I am running windows 7, with a Hauppage HVR 1600 tuner card, ATSC.

Thanks much.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    not sure I understand your question, when you 1st run mc2xml the tvguide.xml file has about 14 days of data, if you ran today it would be from 1/26 to 2/8 or so. To import new up to data EPG info you need to mc2xml and let xmltv import the new file. I use windows task manager to run mc2xml once a day and get new data.

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for your interest. I wanted to import manually whenever I needed (and only then, since I only use MediaPortal intermittently). The XmlTv plug-in updated EPG data fine, so long as the present data was not expired. If I let it go longer than the 14 days or so (as you specify above), then the new would import fail.

If it would help, I could try and post a log. But I've gone ahead and made a Windows scheduled task (which I would rather not have done), because I just couldn't figure out what was happening.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom