XMLTV in the UK the easy way! (1 Viewer)

talos

Portal Pro
August 24, 2004
UK
To use a simple program to get your UK XMLTV file try either/both of these great free programs:

XMLTV grabber for Radio Times (my personal favourite and can be run from the command line & therefore scheduled):
http://www.alanbirtles.dsl.pipex.com/xmltv/xmltv.htm

DGUK which uses BLEB to get listings and can therefore download radio times too:
http://www.de-bugger.com/Misc/DGUK.htm

What's nice is that the developers of these utilities have got together so you can run both of these programs in combination to get a mix of channels / radio stations.

A

Anonymous

Hey there

After building my HTPC to MCE compatabiliy, I was absolutely appalled by it's stability with constant hangs and lock up's.

However, Media Portal looks the absolute nuts!!!

However I am having major prob's getting TV listings.

I have run the DGUK and Outdata file but I cannot get these listed in my TV. I have tried various folders and files in the prgram guide option using this and but always told not valid

I had tried the ways in the Tips sticky around XMLTV and I simply don't understand these!!!

Could someone give me really simple guide of how I get the info from DGUK into Media Portal.

This has been driving me nuts for 2 days.

Thanks
Branny

talos

Portal Pro
August 24, 2004
UK
Once you have generated your xml file, copy it to the mediaportal xmltv directory (usually C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv) and rename it tvguide.xml. In fact you should be abe to save your xml data from either of the above utilities directly to this file, which will save you the hassle of copyng and renaming it.

P

pmk

talos said:
Once you have generated your xml file, copy it to the mediaportal xmltv directory (usually C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv) and rename it tvguide.xml. In fact you should be abe to save your xml data from either of the above utilities directly to this file, which will save you the hassle of copyng and renaming it.

Do you know if you using XMLTVRT do you need to automate the running of this application and the automatic running to get it into MediaPortal or does MediaPortal automatically detect a newer tvguide.xml and use it?

TIA

talos

Portal Pro
August 24, 2004
UK
Personally, I have set up a Scheduled Task within Windows to run "xmltvrt.exe /Grab" which automates the whole process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom