[EPG] XMLTV Only delete data for channels with new content (1 Viewer)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Started on: 2009-08-04
    last update: 2009-08-04

Summary:
    Currently when importing XMLTV EPG data you have the choice of deleting existing content. But this deletes all EPG data. This makes using a mixture of off air EPG (DVB-T or whatever) and XMLTV rather messy. So the proposal is to only delete the data for those channels that have new data in the XMLTV import.

Area:
    XMLTV/EPG

Description:
    I have modified 1.0.2 code to only delete EPG data for a channel when there is new data available for it. This makes using a combination of XMLTV and of air EPG data much better. You simply set the off air grab to grab the channels that are not available via XMLTV, and the two systems work side by side rather than stomping all over each other.

If this is of general interest I'll work on making the code available (it is a very small change).

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Here is the patch. Basically it is pretty simple. It removes the code that used to clear the entire database and adds code to delete the per channel data just before the data for that channel is loaded. I did consider leaving the code that deletes all of the database when doing a manual load, but decided that might just confuse things. I hope the patch makes sense (I'm not the familiar with the patch process - don't use it for the other projects I work on). The patch is against the 1.0.2 source base (the one I have installed)....

Attachments

• xmltvimport.patch
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom