xpc-rc01 IR.receiver, Harmony 525 and MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Jellax

Portal Member
April 26, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have a xpc-rc01 receiver and remote but i want to use the receiver with my harmony 525 instead of the budled remote.

I tried to enter a windows MCE remote as a device in my harmony but I can´t get any signals throug the receiver, does anybody know wht or know I can set up these products?

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    I dont have a harmony 525 but i have a 785, mine works a treat.

I dont recognize the model of the reciver you mentioned however i assume its the standard MCE remote receiver, so a few things to check...

make sure the original remote works to ensure the proper drivers are setup

when asked for the model in the logitech software all i did was enter Microsoft media center PC and it picked it up no worries.

You can also try the IR Server Plugin which helped me a lot with setting up my remote it has a good debugger to see what going on with the receiver.

Hope this helps!

Jellax

Portal Member
    April 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    when asked for the model in the logitech software all i did was enter Microsoft media center PC and it picked it up no worries.

What model did you enter in the Logitech setup?

You can add Media Center PC and MediaPortal but I ´need a model there as well.

What I can´t figure out is if you have a IR-receiver will it work with any kond of transmitter?

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    I cant remember exactly what i entered for the model number, ill check it tonite when i get back from work

but i think it was something like this

TYPE: Media Center PC
    MANUFACTURER: Microsoft
    MODEL: Windows Media Center PC

Dont put anything in there about Media Portal as logitech wont recognise it, just use Media Center PC and Media Portal should be able to do the correct mappings for you.

hope that helps;)

Jellax

Portal Member
    April 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That didn´t work :).
    I´m not sure if the usb-receiver actually get the signal.
    Does all Ir-receivers pick up all IR-signals? That is can I use any remote with any receiver?

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    as far as i know yes you can especially with something like the harmony remote as its a universal remote

if you have the original remote try using this to see if it works

also make sure that you have the proper drivers for the receiver, if you are using windows xp you will need to install the driver but vista should pick it up automatically

fromaron

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Actually XP doesn't need drivers as well. The remote support was included at least from SP2.
    Jellax, are you sure you have a genuine MCE receiver? Can you give us exact model from the receiver you have?

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the same IR-receiver and remote by Intervideo. Also i use a Harmony 525, and managed to get it to work with MediaPortal. It's a bit work, but you should be able to get it right.
    Main thing to keep in mind is that this Remote acts like a General HID Devive. In other words the receiver sends keyboard strokes or mouse movements through the USB. Take these steps:

- Download this plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/generic-keyboard-remote-input-plugin-25755/ and read the included info very well!
    - Use the orignal remote and this plugin to map the keys according to the actions you want to preform in MediaPortal.
    - Add the device to Harmony software by it's own name (intervideo XPC-RC01) an map the buttons as you like, or learn some new commands that are not included.

Keep in mind that the 'Toggle' button on the original remote switches the remote from mouse to keyboard mode.

Good luck

Jellax

Portal Member
    April 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    - Use the orignal remote and this plugin to map the keys according to the actions you want to preform in MediaPortal.
    - Add the device to Harmony software by it's own name (intervideo XPC-RC01) an map the buttons as you like, or learn some new commands that are not included.
    Good luck

I´m a bit lost here. I have mapped all the commands in the plugin config, I "learned" the keystroke and mapped the action. I also Entered the device in Logitechs software.

But what now?

How do i connect the buttons in MP´s config with the butons in Logitech software?
    I have made a short command in the icon for MP so I can start it with ctrl+alt+p but how can I add this command to a button?
    When I look at the keyboard.xml, nothing changes when I add new buttons int MP config, how do I update it?

Is there any chanse I can have a look at your keyboard.xml?

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can only map keyboard shortcuts that are used by the original Intervideo remote. There is no way to make the the IR receiver send custom shortcuts. What I ment by mapping the keys in Harmony software is that you can map the buttons that are provided by the harmony database to a layout you like.

About your keyboard.xml not changing: I had the same problem, but it was because the keyboard.xml was placed in the wrong folder by this plugin. It is placed in 'C:\documents and settings\All users\mediaportal\InputDeviceMappings' while it should be in 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\defaults'

I have attached the .xml file that I use myself. But in my case with the plugin enabled in MediaPortal it had a delaying efect while typing text using my normal keyboard. I fixed this by renaming the keyboard.xml generated by the plugin to 'Centarea HID.xml' , overwriting it in 'InputDeviceMappings\defaults' , and selecting the Centerea remote from MP config.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Centarea HID.xml
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom