xpc-rc01 IR.receiver, Harmony 525 and MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Chilly

May 11, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
In English...

Argh, too bad. I wanted to post "working like a charm", but unfortunately it doesn't. I've done exactly what you described: downloaded the xml file you posted, saved it and replaced the current xml file, selected the Centerea remote, but no luck. Whatever I try to do, it doesn't work.

Just like you, I have a Harmony (555), a XPC-RC01 receiver (the one that goes with the Intervideo/ASUS remote/TV-card) and MediaPortal. But for some strange reason I can't get this remote to work properly...
It's working averagely, since the buttons are all messed up. For instance, I have to press record to use the remote's toggle function, my stop button isn't working, also I can't adjust the volume and when I press prev. it closes the program. You would think that after I had selected the Centerea and thus your xml file, it would work...

Im getting to think that this receiver is just a piece of crap...however, oddly enough Dutch stores don't seem to sell the MCE receivers anymore....

Do you have any other suggestions?

P.s. I don't have the original remote anymore, since it broke...

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm to bad, but it is quite obvious... I remapped some of the buttons in Harmony software!

I've attached screenshots of my Harmony mapping, but i'm not sure if they will be of much help to you, because I learned some of the commands using the original Intervideo remote... (Those are typed capitaded, in HOOFDLETTERS dus ;))
    Furthermore I use volume up and down to control my AV-receiver, not the PC.

Attachments

• harmony1.jpg
      harmony1.jpg
      56.7 KB
    • harmony2.jpg
      harmony2.jpg
      36.5 KB
    • harmony3.jpg
      harmony3.jpg
      33.5 KB
    • harmony4.jpg
      harmony4.jpg
      31.7 KB

Chilly

May 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the reply

I wish it was that obvious haha, I'm fairly skilled when it comes to computers but this.....(slightly lazy)

Anyways, the mappings in the Harmony set-up should be correct, checked them a couple of times.

Will do it again, keep u posted!

Thanks,
    Chill

EDIT:
    Hm, I can't program my Harmony with the original remote, so maybe that's the problem? Furthermore, my screens of the harmony are a tad different, since I don't have to select the output device in that screen.

Do you think it could have something to do with me not having the actual hardware installed in my HTPC? I only use the remote...if that's the case, I'll have to figure out a way to plug it in (it doesn't fit......blegh).

Anyways, apart from that, with your device mappings for MP it should work as the Harmony shows the correct button commands for the XPC-RC01....

Maybe easier: do you know a place where I can purchase a single receiver or an (original) MCE remote (for cheap of course ;)) Really can't find it anywhere....

EDIT 2:
    Btw, I forgot to mention that I'm using Windows 7 RC1/Built 7100......could that be an issue?

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, I can't program my Harmony with the original remote, so maybe that's the problem? Furthermore, my screens of the harmony are a tad different, since I don't have to select the output device in that screen.
    That's because these screens where made from the Harmony Activities part, not Devices.

Do you think it could have something to do with me not having the actual hardware installed in my HTPC? I only use the remote...if that's the case, I'll have to figure out a way to plug it in (it doesn't fit......blegh).
    Not sure what you mean by this? It's just a USB-cable with an IR-receiver right?

Maybe easier: do you know a place where I can purchase a single receiver or an (original) MCE remote (for cheap of course ;)) Really can't find it anywhere....
    It would be an easier solution for sure, the RC01 is a hazzle to get working the way you want. I need a normal MCE receiver myself, for a HTPC i'm setting up for my dad. So if you find a good deal, let me know ;)

EDIT 2:
    Btw, I forgot to mention that I'm using Windows 7 RC1/Built 7100......could that be an issue?
    Don't think so...

I don't know why your shit aint working, but you could try to get it right with the plugin I mentioned earlier.

Chilly

May 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    People on Win7 need to use the IRServersuite latest version, nothing else seems to work.

Thanks, I'll give it a try in the morning. I'll keep you posted.

That's because these screens where made from the Harmony Activities part, not Devices.

Couldn't find the screen, will look again in the morning.

Not sure what you mean by this? It's just a USB-cable with an IR-receiver right?

Yeah, but it came with an Asus tv/fm tunercard, so I thought that could have something to do with it...less likely

It would be an easier solution for sure, the RC01 is a hazzle to get working the way you want. I need a normal MCE receiver myself, for a HTPC i'm setting up for my dad. So if you find a good deal, let me know ;)

Damn, I had my hopes up for a deal coming from you haha. I'll keep my eyes open. I'll try again with this receiver tomorrow, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom