XPC-RC01 (1 Viewer)

crghou

February 20, 2008
I bought one of these off Ebay and I am trying to get it to work with media portal. From what I understand it is a keyboard mapping USB device....I guess I should of spent the extra money for the MCE one.

Anyways, what can I do to get this thing to work correctly with media Portal. I really want to use a Harmony 520 in the end to control media portal.

thanks
chris

crghou

February 20, 2008
yeah i read though that and most of the other articles on the forum. I am still so confused, i cant figure out how to change the key mapping in media portal, or change how the remote receiver can be changed. I dont care if i use the XPC remote, but i didnt know if that receiver will only receive those signals. I can make my harmony into a Microsoft remote...but i dont know if the receiver will accept those signals.

M

mjmapi

For those that might be interested in getting this to work with MP, this is what i did to map additional keys that were not working

1-Install IRSS
2-Make sure IRSS server is running, then run the Keyboard input Relay, connect to server, this is one of the apps in the IRSS folder
3-Run the Abstractor app, also within the IRSS folder, click connect and your receiver should be picked, i had two options on mine, Custom HID or Phillips MCE USB IR, i left it on default Custom HID
4- Now test sending signals to your receiver, when pressing a key on your remote, you should see a code listed at the bottom of Abstractor , this is the unique code being sent/received by your receiver, if you see this then you can now send HID signals
5.Final step is to log on to MP configurations, General,Keys and Sounds, look for the key you wish to change highlight key and press your remote key you wish to use for the action.

You will always need keyboard Input relay running, so i suggest that you set it and IRSS to run at Start up

Using this i was able to map some keys that were initial not working on the remote e.g Stop, Back,Info, i will play around more and see which additional ones i can change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom