Yet another channel selection from TV Guide suggestion (1 Viewer)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Like a lot of people I hate having to press two buttons (info and OK) to select a channel from the TV Guide. I was thinking of this workflow:

1) Pressing the record button while on the TV Guide displays the record menu (what pressing the OK button does now).

2) Pressing the OK button selects the channel (what info then OK does now).

3) Info button logic stays the same.

4) And slightly unrelated, pressing the channel up or down buttons while on the TV guide moves the guide up or down a page at a time.

Once the next version is released I will try it out and submit as a change if people (well actually one key person ;) ) likes the idea.

Thoughts?

d4v3

Portal Member
April 4, 2005
UK
Makes an awful lot more sense than the current method.

Why not add a feature to choose what each button does on TV guide as its such a heated debate?

fpouels

Portal Member
April 16, 2005
Bennekom
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Good suggestions, I support this feature request. We use the tv-guide for viewing and jumping to certain channels a lot more than for the record function.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Me to. I use the guide to watch tv primary, and recording second. If the new VMR OSD zap would'nt lag all that much the EPG wouldn't be neccesary. But for now it's too unstable..

vbap

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    At the moment, I use the TV Guide for recording rather than watching. But that's because I have only a single TV Tuner, so my HTPC is primarily a VCR replacement.

However, I still think CodeMonkey's suggestions make sense (alas, I have no record button on my remote, but that's my problem!). And, down the track, as MP's stability improves (and I buy a second tuner), I will probably end up using it for watching and recording.

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    vbap said:
    However, I still think CodeMonkey's suggestions make sense (alas, I have no record button on my remote, but that's my problem!). .

No record button? Hmmm, I assumed every remote would have one. What remote do you have?

vbap

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Check my sig :wink:

It's an iMon RSC. Generally, a good remote, but lacks dedicated Record and Channel Up/Down buttons.

I'm looking to move to an iMon PAD remote - much funkier!

S

slntr

Seems to make sense as a feature request, since the current tv guide / viewing doesnt make a hell of a lot of sense. It fine for recording, but needs direct access for tv tuning.

I can always jugde technology by getting my in-laws to test drive it, because if they cant use it that means 90% of non techheads wont be able to either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom