Your opinion and suggestions would be appreciated. TIA. (1 Viewer)

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I've got the same SMTP error when posting.

I'm a bit disappointed by the Theater 550 pro (got the sapphire's one) because the card is not well supported. That's not the software developper's fault but ATI's one because they only support Cyberlink Powercinema which is a total crap (for the reasons everyone knows). And of course no public SDK has been released so no one can use the Theater 550 Pro at it's full potential today, and that's sad cause it's really a great piece of hardware !

jrbowie

Portal Member
August 4, 2005
Elgin, IL
Ya, I noticed that there is some lack in the support department for the 550 cards.

I guess that we will have to be patient. More and more cards are being released with the 550 Chip, so ATI will have to release the SDK at some point or risk a major mutinay by End Users.

nVidia keeps working on their competing chip but, so far, that has fallen short of the 550's performance. At some point they will catch up, it's just a matter of time. Right now ATI has the market cornered , but there will be competion soon enough.

We pay the price for the Bleeding Edge, don't we? If I were really smart I would have bought two of the AverMedia HDTV Cards and suffered the slightly lesser performance for standard TV side and waited for the spoils of the war of technology to be released to the Masses.

Will I ever learn and implement? :roll:

Just got my 400 watt PSU today. Tonight I will power the Beast and see if I got the plugs in the right spots and the Jumpers jumped. If all goes well, in a few more days my first HTPC will be up and running. :p

Keep a good thought for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom