YouTube.fm (YouTube music videos) (Updated 11-09-2012) (1 Viewer)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This might not be the perfect replacement but while youtube.fm is broken you could try the last.fm site in OnlineVideos.

The content isn't always perfect, it's the videos from the last.fm site. You can play your recommendations, mix and collection radio; browse your artists, albums and scrobbles.

In video listings, open up some "next pages" press f9/info on the first video to get the context menu an choose play all.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    This might not be the perfect replacement but while youtube.fm is broken you could try the last.fm site in OnlineVideos.
    Maybe in the OV, can add a similar mode? Site? And call it via a hyperlink, then this plugin will be completely replaced. Or something evoke OV from this plugin.?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Maybe in the OV, can add a similar mode? Site? And call it via a hyperlink, then this plugin will be completely replaced. Or something evoke OV from this plugin.?

I don't really understand what you mean? I've never used this plugin, so I don't know how it works. What I know is that other plugins can use the OnlineVideos hosters and Utils (e.g. Youtube) (through OnlineVideosAppDomain???? or something :p). You can also use the OnlineVideos player from other plugins.

OnlineVideos is very "on demand" getting data when needed scraping html/using apis and not saving anything except for caching requests for a while (e.g. no database, remembering state for the next session... etc) usually using one background worker thread geting data (on demand), hence if you have to do a lot of calls constructing the category view/video list it will take a lot of time.

The last.fm site in OnlineVideos only uses data from the last.fm site (like browsing the site) and then use the Youtube hoster to construct the playback options links. If it's a more complex use case with lots of api calls to several datasources (last.fm, youtube, fanart...) and saving stuff in a db - then a plugin like this is to prefer (maybe using parts of online videos).

EDIT: if you find this tex incoherent - then you are correct! Only a quick write without any proof reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom