Youtube: Show users playlists (1 Viewer)

NTM

Portal Pro
January 16, 2007
Hi

I would love if in the context menu you could get the users play lists. I subscribe to a lot of Lets Players that have several thousands of videos. But they always make play lists for the videos for a specific "lets play". As of right if I want to start watching an old lets play it almost impossible if I don't make my own play list first. If I could get a list of all the play lists that user has made that would be wonderful :D

I'm willing to try to implement it myself but I can't seem to find the source for the Youtube site, If someone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful :)

NTM

Portal Pro
January 16, 2007

Thanks for the link :) But unfortunately this is a bit to complex for me. I found the YouTube function I need (Google.GData.YouTube.PlaylistsFeed) but I have no idea how to implement it and when I try to build it I get 108 errors :) I did download the whole project so.

What I really hope someone will implement is a extra entry in the context menu under "Uploads by:" like "Playlists by:"
Just time will tell :)

z4k

July 1, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
I was looking for the same in the past and took a closer look into the dokumentation of the youtube data api (https://developers.google.com/youtube/getting_started#data_api). I'm also not a pro like you and youtube hides the topic very well but I found it here: https://developers.google.com/youtube/2.0/developers_guide_protocol_playlists#Retrieving_playlists

It works perfectly for me to add "http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/USERID/playlists?v=2" as a new feed (change USERID with the user you want to watch)

I've done this already for my "gronkh site contribution" (german let's plays) but I want to group it by user befor updating it. Does anybody know how to realise this manually in the "OnlineVideos.xml"?

NTM

Portal Pro
January 16, 2007
z4k: I used to this for subs before OV got that implemented. But for my case this isn't really practical because I got more that 50 people I sub and if I search and find a new lets player and just wishes to see what games he/she has played It would be so much quicker to just be able to press info and get all the playlists. Just like how you can get all their uploads.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just published an update to the YouTube site which should add this feature (if I understood it correctly).

NTM

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2007
    I just published an update to the YouTube site which should add this feature (if I understood it correctly).
    You're an angel :) This was exactly what I wished for. Now I can find all the videos for old Let's Plays with ease.

++++++++++++++++++++++ on this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom