Zalman HD503 Case (1 Viewer)

Jaws31

Portal Member
January 3, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
A few days ago I recieved my Zalman case from Newegg. I just happend to notice that they dropped the price from $265 to $150 shipped. I was originally looking at the the 501 which didn't have the remote or DFSTN screen but they were the same price so I figured I better jump on it.

After installing all the hardware I found the system wouldn't turn on. Being a tech I tore the front panel apart (a pain I might add) only to find that one of the cables wasn't connect to allow the switch to work. Well I set everything back up and the system still wouldn't power on when it uses the special adaptor that plugs in between the motherboards main power and the power supply. It will power on without the adaptor.

I immediately look check the forums on Zalman site. Others had similiar but not exactly the same issue(s). I then signed up for their forums but it refuses to send me the confirmation email. I then submitted a technical email with the issue I'm having and letting them know I can't sign up on the forums. No response and they don't have a phone number I can call.

I am also having issues like others mention about getting the optical drive button to eject the drive door. The hotswapable drive option seems flakey too.

Not sure if anyone here has any advice but so far I'm wishing I hadn't jumped on what I was thinking was a good deal. Any advice at this point would be appreciated.

- Jaws
:(

Jaws31

Portal Member
January 3, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was able to get a phone number for Zalman and was able to talk to a person that admitted they are having issues with their forums not giving out confirmation emails. He also expidited my RMA and I should have the part any day. If this doesn't work I will just RMA it through Newegg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom