Zap2it (1 Viewer)

Corry

Portal Member
November 4, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Wait, so Zap2it discontinues free service, and everyone on here said the only good source was them, and the subscription was cheap, so I joined up, only to now have everyone here abandon it? Is this what I am to understand? I never got an e-mail from them saying my subscription no longer allowed downloading of epg from them, and I just checked my account, everything looks good, so it does not appear to me that they have totally discontinued service...If it was totally abandoned because you had to pay $16 or something like that, definatly below $20, for a year, not a month, a year, I gotta say, thats a new low in cheap. I pay $12/MONTH for my tivo...

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
Wait, so Zap2it discontinues free service, and everyone on here said the only good source was them, and the subscription was cheap, so I joined up, only to now have everyone here abandon it? Is this what I am to understand? I never got an e-mail from them saying my subscription no longer allowed downloading of epg from them, and I just checked my account, everything looks good, so it does not appear to me that they have totally discontinued service...If it was totally abandoned because you had to pay $16 or something like that, definatly below $20, for a year, not a month, a year, I gotta say, thats a new low in cheap. I pay $12/MONTH for my tivo...

Hi,

Not sure but do you mean SchedulesDirect? If so, it is still around.
You need help with something?

FWIW, zap2it labs did discontinue service.
Schedules Direct was formed as a replacement for it, as was CT TV Listings.

HTH,
patrick

Corry

Portal Member
November 4, 2007
Home Country
patrick;227076 Hi said:
Ah yes, searched my gmail for that and found another login and password, with yet more EPG type stuff. I was seriously afraid people had shyed away from a service that was that cheap! I was highly disturbed that the forum was just shut with a message like "Didn't they stop?" reply, not like, "They stopped all EPG support, schedules direct picked up where Zap2it left off, but its a paid service." Further, I believe in there was links to other free EPG services, but heck, I had paid, I want my paid service! :) So you can see, to me it appeared as though some service that went to a paid service had been abandoned for some free alternatives.... I son't suppose it would be too much to ask to get a schedules direct link on the zap2it documentation here? (and in the Zap2It forums) Memory is still fuzzy, but coming back, IIRC it used the same format as Zap2It and pretty much the exact same plugin, with only minor changes, and thus could be seen as an evololution of it....and would help jog memories like mine....I was up till 4:00am last night fighting with my media portal machine with case sensitivity in MySql, waiting for the digital tuner to scan, etc, the last piece I needed was EPG, then I'd have scheduled my first HD program to watch on my new HDTV. Instead, nothing, 4 hours of sleep last night for nothing :( Worse, I won't work on it tonight since I'm about to go try to catch up on some of this lost sleep.....I suppose there's always next monday :)

Thanks for restoring my faith here...that is, as long as the schedules direct plugin is still being maintained ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom