Zapping in myTV / Remember last menu action (1 Viewer)

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
When using a remote to control mp these 2 requests will improve the navigation through the menus:

Request 1:

Please change the behavior of the channel button of myTV. It would be nice when the channel button would enter a kind of "zapping mode" when the button has focus.

At this time you go to the channel button an press enter and then change channels with left or right key.

I would love to see the channel button (when active) always in the state that you can change channels with left and right without pressing enter. That would be a great improvement for channel switching/zapping.

channel.gif

See also this request by tomtom21000:
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=713

Request 2:

Another thing is that the last action in the myTV menu is not remembered.
-> go to recordings
-> go back
=> "program guide" is highlighted instead of "recordings"

To go from planed recordings back to recordings is far to much trouble with a remote.

This behavior is also in other modules like myMovies.

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
tklon said:
When using a remote to control mp these 2 requests will improve the navigation through the menus:

Request 1:

Please change the behavior of the channel button of myTV. It would be nice when the channel button would enter a kind of "zapping mode" when the button has focus.

At this time you go to the channel button an press enter and then change channels with left or right key.

I would love to see the channel button (when active) always in the state that you can change channels with left and right without pressing enter. That would be a great improvement for channel switching/zapping.

channel.gif

See also this request by tomtom21000:
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=713

Request 2:

Another thing is that the last action in the myTV menu is not remembered.
-> go to recordings
-> go back
=> "program guide" is highlighted instead of "recordings"

To go from planed recordings back to recordings is far to much trouble with a remote.

This behavior is also in other modules like myMovies.

That would be a very nice feature!

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Since the developers didn't reply to this topic I think these feature requests will not find the way into mp.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    he!
    i cannot reply to every post here
    hell i cant even read them all since there are so many
    but thats not to say i dont like the idea!

frodo

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hope my provocation will not skip this request. These things are improvements in usability you are looking for towards Beta 2. Very interesting for me. Using the remote could be much easier with these 2 changes.

The first post in this thread was already more than 6 weeks old and there was no reply. So I was a bit :twisted:, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom