Zoom - Aspect Ratio not correct (1 Viewer)

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if there's anything one can do about it. I'm using the latest SVN build and PowerDVD 8 codecs for DVB SDTV. Since most of the channels are still broadcast in 4:3, I sometimes zoom up to full 16:9 size.
    But here's the problem: Some channels have their logo partially in the black bar on top, and then the zoom option chooses to keep the whole logo on screen when zoomed, resulting in an incorrect aspect ratio.

Is there an option to change the zoom behaviour? Or is this completely codec related? I would like to keep using PDVD8 codec because image quality is the best I saw so far.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Bye,
    Sepp.

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey geov,

thanks for that info. Sounds interesting. But what I'm looking for is completely linear and aspect ratio keeping zoom which is the only reasonable zoom mode for 16:9 content broadcast in 4:3 format (with black bars on top and bottom which are part of the picture). That smart zoom would keep the black bars and mess up the aspect ratio ... or did I miss something in the thread you linked?

Have a good day!

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    What makes it different is that the patch keeps the aspect ratio, very similar to the zoom function, but it extends the picture only until it touches either the top/bottom or the left/right side. Where the normal zoom will extend the picture to the maximum cutting parts on all sides. This will only zoom it as far as it needs, giving you the best screen fill it can without loosing the aspect ratio…. I hope that makes sense.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom