Zoom when viewing static pictures and MPEG recording (1 Viewer)

OMA

Portal Member
August 25, 2006
Hello, I'm a new user of MediaPortal. It has a lot of great features, but there is a little feature which I miss from other software I use, MediaLife, which comes bundled with my Logitech wireless keyboard, mouse and remote pack. It's a program similar to MediaPortal, but without TV recoding/viewing capability, but it has this zoom function for static pictures. When a picture is displayed fullscreen you can use the mouse wheel or the remote control wheel (this remote has a wheel) to zoom the picture in and out.

It think this could be easily implemented (for mouse wheel and arrow keys, which can then be mapped to any remote).

The other feature I'm missing (from my regular TV recoding software) is direct MPEG2/DVD recording, instead of using PVR-MS format. I know I can strip the PVR-MS header off so I have a normal MPEG2 file, but it would be way better to be able to record directly to MPEG2, since you don't need the extra space to do the conversions. I suppose this has been asked already.

I hope these two features can be implemented in next versions of MP.
Thanks for reading! :)

OMA

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
You can zoom while viewing pictures in My Pictures, at least you used to be able to. I haven't used it in a while. Try Page Up and Page Down when looking at a picture. At least I think it is Page Up and Page Down. Then the arrow keys will scroll around the picture also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom