ZSNES starts, roms don't (1 Viewer)

Enominus

Portal Member
April 21, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Everybody,

I've installed Mediaportal 1.1.3 and the plugin my Emulators. Furthermore I have installed ZSNES and Project64. When I start these Emulators outside MP, everything works fine. When I start a N64 rom from "my Emulators", everything works fine too. But when I start a SNES Rom from "my Emulators", ZSNES opens without loading a rom.

any idea?

thanks

Lardy

Portal Pro
April 16, 2007
Home Country
Australia Australia
I use BAT files to start all my emulated games, and they are configured in the PC Games section. Example of BAT file for ZSNES:

donkey.kong.country.bat
E:\ZSNES\zsnesw.exe E:\ZSNES\roms\donkey.kong.country.smc

Hope this helps.

Enominus

Portal Member
April 21, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: ZSNES starts, roms don't

Thanks for your reply,
Your solution works. But I'd like to start the ROMs from the Emulator window, because I want to use different Emulators and with your solution the roms aren't ordered by Emulators.
But meantime I could define my problem more precisely:
I have a (primary) PC Monitor and a (secondary) TV connected to my PC. MP starts on my TV. When I start ZSNES from "My Emulators", ZSNES starts on my PC Monitor. I found no other solution to start ZSNES on my TV, than to define a Batchfile that swaps primary/secondary display. After that the Batch file starts ZSNES and when I exit ZSNES, the Primary/Secondary Display is swapt back. Example:

@echo off

start C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Games\Toggle.lnk
C:\Spiele\ZSNES\zsnesw.exe
C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Games\Toggle.lnk

:end

This solution works for PC-Games I installed. But when I try to start ZSNES with the Batchfile above, only ZSNES starts without a loaded ROM. When I omit the 2 Toggle.Ink, ZSNES starts WITH loaded ROM, but on the wrong Display!
That's why I think I have a timing problem. I guess that when I start a game inside "my Emulators", the program starts ZSNES and directly after that it trys to open the ROM. Is there any possibility to set a time delay between these two steps? XML or something? Or could this only be done in the source code of "My Emulators"? If yes, where can I get the source code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom