General (26 Viewers)

That fixed it many thanks.
That fixed it many thanks.
I have nearly completed building a new desktop PC, hardware and software, everything was looking great till I tried to get MP2 2.3...
Replies
Views
Yes, for the pedantic, MediaPortal2_2.3, released 10/22/2020. I did say the most recent version, whatever. Still the problem is the VC 2008 SP1 requirement/installation. Thanks for the correct link, I did find that after my initial post--the wiki should be updated. The real solution is, or likely to be, make sure you can install VC...
Yes, for the pedantic, MediaPortal2_2.3, released 10/22/2020. I did say the most recent version, whatever. Still the problem is the...
Repeated attempts at first install of get this error at an early stage. No obvious clue what is causing it. It managed to...
Replies
Views
@ge2301 I posted in another thread with my tuner issues regarding MP1 and another forum member suggested the database could well be corrupt (I've been using MP1 for many years), and a complete and thorough uninstall and reinstall may be the only way to go, so I thought I may as well try MP2. I have tuned channels, and got a client to...
@ge2301 I posted in another thread with my tuner issues regarding MP1 and another forum member suggested the database could well be...
GOOD MORNING, Please help me to finish the installation. I get the following error. "Service 'MediaPortal 2 Server Service'...
Replies
Views
If you are not able to select the recording from TV configuration GUI, you might consider editing it directly inside the database. MP2 uses SQLite and you can use tools like SQLite Expert Personal, open "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE_3.s3db" and change in the table "card" all "recordingFolder" rows to the...
If you are not able to select the recording from TV configuration GUI, you might consider editing it directly inside the database...
I'm using MediaPortal 2.2.3 on a Windows 10 Home 64 machine. I need to keep my recordings on a NAS (Terra-Master F4-210) that is in...
Replies
Views
Hi Issue is now resolved after testing. I found solution in another thread, there was the recommondation to change recording path to UNC instead of matching server drive directly with drive ID (windows style) Great I am happy now, BR Michael
Hi Issue is now resolved after testing. I found solution in another thread, there was the recommondation to change recording path...
Hi! I already searched existing threads here in forum, they sounded similar, but I do not succeed. Basically I have installed...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] EPG Data off by -20 hours? (1 Viewer) DE
xmlTV successfully imported EPG data last night and I am pleased that the Guide looks perfect! Thank you for the helpful replies!
xmlTV successfully imported EPG data last night and I am pleased that the Guide looks perfect! Thank you for the helpful replies!
I'm using EPG Buddy to import data from TV Guide.com into MP2. Everything seems to be working (e.g. no error messages are...
Replies
Views
Dumb mistake on my part. Forgot my TV signal amplifier was powered by my TV. Whoops. Plugged it into my HTPC and it all works now.
Dumb mistake on my part. Forgot my TV signal amplifier was powered by my TV. Whoops. Plugged it into my HTPC and it all works now.
Hi, new user. While debugging why I couldn't watch TV on a remote client via the Kodi Mediaportal PVR add-on, I noticed it only...
Replies
Views
I changed the local folder to a network shared folder and it’s working now like charm. Thanks a lot.
I changed the local folder to a network shared folder and it’s working now like charm. Thanks a lot.
Hello everybody, It is not possible to delete a single recording (without a separate folder) at the moment with MediaPortal 2.2.3...
Replies
Views
...in that the FullScreenContentAudio.xaml is in a sub-folder of the Program Data folder, not the Program Files (x86) folder.
...in that the FullScreenContentAudio.xaml is in a sub-folder of the Program Data folder, not the Program Files (x86) folder.
As it says...how can I switch OFF the (awful) bouncing visualisation when listening to audio ??? I found a link in settings to...
Replies
Views
Hi. New version 0.5.0.6 released, download link is at the end of first post: EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage.
Hi. New version 0.5.0.6 released, download link is at the end of first post: EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage.
It took me a while to find a download site for EPG Buddy, but I finally did, and then I installed it. Since I'm in Florida, I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] How to in MP2 DE
I stand corrected;), I guess that since I had always enabled the "Sceneo" option in MP1, even before your much improved Centarea HID was available, I had assumed it did not use Escape even from the KB.
I stand corrected;), I guess that since I had always enabled the "Sceneo" option in MP1, even before your much improved Centarea...
I have just switched from MCE to MP2 and find the Wiki unhelpful in that putting something in the Search box seem to produce only...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] menu sounds DE
It is. :) Settings / Appearance / General / Activate skin sounds effects
It is. :) Settings / Appearance / General / Activate skin sounds effects
i am sure it is something simple, but in mp1 I could turn off the sounds as you navigate the menus? But I cannot seem to find how...
Replies
Views
At least it now works on a second attempt, which it didn't before, and I don't suppose I'll want to run the TV Configuration very often. Thanks again for your help.
At least it now works on a second attempt, which it didn't before, and I don't suppose I'll want to run the TV Configuration very...
When I try to run MediaPortal I sometimes get the message box: ------------------------------------------------------ Failed to...
Replies
Views
Thanks MM for your help. Last I said I was getting channels but the tuner wasn't tuning any channels. Went through your setup wiki once more and now I have TV again! Thanks again...on to fine tune it now.
Thanks MM for your help. Last I said I was getting channels but the tuner wasn't tuning any channels. Went through your setup wiki...
Been using WMC since 2013 using Hauppage DCR-2650 with cable card and Verizon FIOS. Now that MS pulled the plug on EPG data, I...
Replies
Views
Thank you for that explanation HTPCSourcer - very clear - and it has set my mind at rest about being 'hacked'.
Thank you for that explanation HTPCSourcer - very clear - and it has set my mind at rest about being 'hacked'.
Hello, I'm brand new here so I hope that I'm posting in the correct place - if I'm not please forgive me and correct me - thanks...
Replies
Views
Did you hit 'R' or was it 'r'? Keyboard commands need to be entered as capitals.
Did you hit 'R' or was it 'r'? Keyboard commands need to be entered as capitals.
I've installed and setup Mediaportal 2, so I am now receiving OTA TV. But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to record...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your fast help. The repair didn't work, but the uninstall - install fixed the problem. Kind regards, Frank
Thanks for your fast help. The repair didn't work, but the uninstall - install fixed the problem. Kind regards, Frank
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.3 Description Hello, After upgrading MP2 from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3, MP2 client doesn't start anymore. When...
Replies
Views
You got it! Didn't know I had to configure the decoder. It had no hardware decoder selected. Thanks for the help
You got it! Didn't know I had to configure the decoder. It had no hardware decoder selected. Thanks for the help
Trying to figure out why DVD playback is very glitchy, slow, buggy, etc. Playing the DVD in VLC works completely fine, but in MP2...
Replies
Views
OK I have manually imported the moved recordings and all seems well. Yes I did restart the MP2 Server Service and the exception still occurred, however i have not had it recently since opening this thread. For the 'missing' recording post that seems to be resolved thanks to your help. Suggest we close this thread. Thanks for...
OK I have manually imported the moved recordings and all seems well. Yes I did restart the MP2 Server Service and the exception...
As a newcomer to MediaPortal I have installed MP 2.2.2. Ihave followed the setup guide and TV reception seems fine. I have set the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] ATSC subtitles not fixed yet? (1 Viewer) DE
Hello @aspik, thanks for that screenshot! Now I finally understand where to enable 'ATSC Closed Captions' -- not in the right-click Player configuration menu > Subtitle but in Settings > Players > Video player > Subtitles. And yes by enabling the option there, ATSC subtitles are indeed being shown in my local OTA streams. Player...
Hello @aspik, thanks for that screenshot! Now I finally understand where to enable 'ATSC Closed Captions' -- not in the...
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.2 Description From a previous bug report for MP 2.2.1 here: [fixed] - [MP2-611] Having problems with...
Replies
Views
@morpheus_xx Many thanks for the settings, I've amended my Recordings folder to "series" media category and works now I can see by the recording to which episode! Many thanks!
@morpheus_xx Many thanks for the settings, I've amended my Recordings folder to "series" media category and works now I can see by...
Hi, I am starting to get a few recordings building up and wanting to watch the shows in episode order (some episodes/re-runs are...
Replies
Views
Better add it and push as a new WiP2.2.3 branch as mentioned in the internal forum.
Better add it and push as a new WiP2.2.3 branch as mentioned in the internal forum.
On TV I always use 125% or 150% fonts but I found that live TV will not display subtitle but if changed it to 100% it is fine. No...
Replies
Views
I recently switched from Mediaportal1 to Mediaportal2 but I am unable to modify a programmed recording (e.g. Modify pre-recording or post-recording; set maximum number of recordings to keep) as I used in mediaportal 1. Is this functionality missing on mediaportal 2, or am I unable to find it? Thank you, Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00QD...
I recently switched from Mediaportal1 to Mediaportal2 but I am unable to modify a programmed recording (e.g. Modify pre-recording...
I recently switched from Mediaportal1 to Mediaportal2 but I am unable to modify a programmed recording (e.g. Modify pre-recording...
Replies
Views
yes
yes
I have just bought a multimedia remote for my HTPC. Not a Microsoft style IR remote, but a 2.4GHz mouse & keyboard combined Rii...
Replies
Views
Autoplay is set to open explorer window only, a disc appears on the top line where the record button is, and the film starts, or it just freezes, it's only with one of my usb's, others don't do it, possibly down to the software on the usb to lock it, the others don't have it installed, have now reinstalled 2.2, this one works fine...
Autoplay is set to open explorer window only, a disc appears on the top line where the record button is, and the film starts, or it...
how do I stop MP2 auto playing films when I insert a usb with films on, this also stops the tv player, which then needs restarting...
Replies
Views
Glad to hear that. :)
Glad to hear that. :)
Hi, anything is wrong with my MP. I do a clean install and now MP has no sound (no skin effekts, no audio sound, no tv sound). In...
Replies
Views
Fixed... of course. Just want to add that the latest Nividia drivers don't require you to hunt down and kill running apps to switch SLI settings. Which is bloody useful given MS in their wisdom have created a process called "menu" that needs to be closed when you change SLI settings but which restarts a second after you terminate it...
Fixed... of course. Just want to add that the latest Nividia drivers don't require you to hunt down and kill running apps to switch...
Hi all, I just accepted today's MS #$&#&#@ update. It lost my 2nd screen. After some stuffing about I have it back. Trouble is all...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Was exactly as you said. Works perfectly with the delayed option
Thanks. Was exactly as you said. Works perfectly with the delayed option
When I try to start the TV within my Media Portal 2, the following error comes up "Error invoking action StarTimeshift". Any...
Replies
Views
Many thanks @HTPCSourcer ! That's fixed it. :)
Many thanks @HTPCSourcer ! That's fixed it. :)
I have the same problem as described in this thread. This never happened when using MP2.2. Seems to affect live TV only, and then...
Replies
Views
The funny and sad thing is that MP1 users get frustrated and just quit instead of asking. You're welcome.
The funny and sad thing is that MP1 users get frustrated and just quit instead of asking. You're welcome.
I am trying to configure MP2: 2.2.1 correctly. I am a long time user of MP1 and am trying to change over to MP2. With MP1 I never...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom