Improvement Suggestions (32 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
M
sounds nice
sounds nice
When MediaPortal is minimized, and you right-click the tray-icon, you get the options to "Restore" or "Exit" MediaPortal I think...
Replies
Views
Now I like the idea of using messages to allow for other languages. (Although I am English and by definition think everyone speaks English, which surprisingly they normally do!). What I "don't like" is that I can't add to the languages xml easily. What I have done previously is to put the strings into my own XML config so at least...
Now I like the idea of using messages to allow for other languages. (Although I am English and by definition think everyone speaks...
Now I like the idea of using messages to allow for other languages. (Although I am English and by definition think everyone speaks...
Replies
Views
Hi guys - just had an idea, though I am not a code monkey! How about getting MP to report it's system config in to your forum profile automatically? Just entering your forum uname and pword and it'll populate the system config fields automatically. This might help with some of the bug fixing too. Not sure weather this should...
Hi guys - just had an idea, though I am not a code monkey! How about getting MP to report it's system config in to your forum...
Hi guys - just had an idea, though I am not a code monkey! How about getting MP to report it's system config in to your forum...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 opensubtitles DE
well I don't know if this was brought up in the past, but the guys at opensubtitles have created an open source program to search and download subtitles for movies from there site. here is the link http://subdownloader.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page well this would be great if it could be created as a plugin for...
well I don't know if this was brought up in the past, but the guys at opensubtitles have created an open source program to search...
well I don't know if this was brought up in the past, but the guys at opensubtitles have created an open source program to search...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 "Voicemail" DE
Excellent idea!
Excellent idea!
I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make a special "voicemail" folder. This folder would receive wave files from another source...
Replies
Views
Can you add to next SVN z-order function in xml files for icon_empty_focus.png in order to obtain this? (right) kind regards
Can you add to next SVN z-order function in xml files for icon_empty_focus.png in order to obtain this? (right) kind regards
Replies
Views
Small simple suggestion, for "ease of niceness" for newcomers setting up MediaPortal. TV channel scanning is known to take quite a bit of time. There's a progress bar, but no real way to guess how long it'll take ("paint drying" in some cases). This could be a nice touch with new installers:
Small simple suggestion, for "ease of niceness" for newcomers setting up MediaPortal. TV channel scanning is known to take quite a...
Small simple suggestion, for "ease of niceness" for newcomers setting up MediaPortal. TV channel scanning is known to take quite a...
Replies
Views
have u tried pirateweather.com? cheers ...
have u tried pirateweather.com? cheers ...
Just wondering if there are any aviators out there that know of a site where a guy could get the METAR and TAF via RSS feeds...
Replies
Views
Hey there last week I rearranged my radio channel list and came across an idea. What about displaying the respective group with all the channels belonging to it but that all on the all channels view. As for now you have to decide whether to see a certain group with its channels or to see all channels. I would like to suggest to...
Hey there last week I rearranged my radio channel list and came across an idea. What about displaying the respective group with...
Hey there last week I rearranged my radio channel list and came across an idea. What about displaying the respective group with...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ID aliasing DE
Started on: 2007-03-04 last update: 2007-03-04 Summary: Give a control an alternative ID for easier navigation, see example below. Area: Navigation, skin files. Description: Say you want to navigate from the video overlay to a specific button in one screen. The button has the id 1234, so you set the <onup> value for video...
Started on: 2007-03-04 last update: 2007-03-04 Summary: Give a control an alternative ID for easier navigation, see example...
Started on: 2007-03-04 last update: 2007-03-04 Summary: Give a control an alternative ID for easier navigation, see example...
Replies
Views
Hi, It would be very welcome to make the warning "your platform is not supported by mediaportal" optional. In both tv server and MP configuration it shows this message every time you open it, why? One time during installation should be enough, shouldn't it? It is realy anoying to get this message all the time. Hope this can be...
Hi, It would be very welcome to make the warning "your platform is not supported by mediaportal" optional. In both tv server and...
Hi, It would be very welcome to make the warning "your platform is not supported by mediaportal" optional. In both tv server and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 PIN on Radio please DE
Hi, I use the radio function for streaming video content - I also have kids, would it be possible to have the PIN feature found in Videos & music available for video channels. Even better, could the Radio feature be duplicated and 'customised specifically for streamed video (e.g. My WebVideo) - with the PIN feature included. So...
Hi, I use the radio function for streaming video content - I also have kids, would it be possible to have the PIN feature found...
Hi, I use the radio function for streaming video content - I also have kids, would it be possible to have the PIN feature found...
Replies
Views
Date: 2nd May 2007 Summary: Move to a particle actor or by pressing appropriate first letter Area: My Video Description: Is it possible to be able to for example type the letter "M" when you are displaying actors etc and it jumps to Actors beginning with the letter M. I have around 300 films on Media Portal now and they...
Date: 2nd May 2007 Summary: Move to a particle actor or by pressing appropriate first letter Area: My Video...
Date: 2nd May 2007 Summary: Move to a particle actor or by pressing appropriate first letter Area: My Video...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 xbap DE
Does not look like MP can display xbap content. It would be great if it could. Thanks.
Does not look like MP can display xbap content. It would be great if it could. Thanks.
Replies
Views
There are many posts about the problem displaying images nicely in a skin when they can be of varying sizes and shapes. Is it not possible for MP to check the Windows properties for dimensions and simply determine if the image is portrait or landscape? Then skinners could use some conditional visibility code to display images one...
There are many posts about the problem displaying images nicely in a skin when they can be of varying sizes and shapes. Is it...
There are many posts about the problem displaying images nicely in a skin when they can be of varying sizes and shapes. Is it...
Replies
Views
X
http://www.moodlogic.com I want something like that! :) I have a link to the full version... (Iriver Version)
http://www.moodlogic.com I want something like that! :) I have a link to the full version... (Iriver Version)
Replies
Views
X
Hi! At the moment a MediaPortal listcontrol will make the text in the listcontrol as wide as the listcontrol, if the textYOff/textYOff2/textYOff3 is not the same. This is to make multi-line lists available, and it works fine that way. Where it doesn't work fine, is when you want different textYOff/textYOff2/textYOff3 values...
Hi! At the moment a MediaPortal listcontrol will make the text in the listcontrol as wide as the listcontrol, if the...
Hi! At the moment a MediaPortal listcontrol will make the text in the listcontrol as wide as the listcontrol, if the...
Replies
Views
Hi I don't have home button on mys remote and sometimes count of previous windows is corrupted and i end up stucked in some menu like movies and esc/back button won't go back anymore. So would following change in code guarantee that if previous window count is zero we end up home screen after all ?? regs te3hpurp...
Hi I don't have home button on mys remote and sometimes count of previous windows is corrupted and i end up stucked in some...
Hi I don't have home button on mys remote and sometimes count of previous windows is corrupted and i end up stucked in some...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP NG and XBAPS DE
I just had a question regarding you are planning to implement some way of using XBAPs in MP NG? Or is it impossible to make the skin crossover to the hosted XBAP perhaps... ? This would be a great way for plugins such as "My Trailers" to distribute the plugin, since such plugins really don´t need more than sandbox previligies and the...
I just had a question regarding you are planning to implement some way of using XBAPs in MP NG? Or is it impossible to make the...
I just had a question regarding you are planning to implement some way of using XBAPs in MP NG? Or is it impossible to make the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a feature a like especially on MAC computers is the possibility to assign colours to folders and files. So one could mark it read/green/yellow/orange for own purpuses like liked it/new/delete etc ... thx
Hi all, a feature a like especially on MAC computers is the possibility to assign colours to folders and files. So one could...
Hi all, a feature a like especially on MAC computers is the possibility to assign colours to folders and files. So one could...
Replies
Views
A
I trying to enum all thumbnailes in the current selection. For example get all channels when the user is in the Radio plugin. To do this I need access to the m_vecItems in GUIThumbnal class. Can you please give access to this ArrayList with a public method? You have this possibly in other classes for example GUIGroup wher you can get...
I trying to enum all thumbnailes in the current selection. For example get all channels when the user is in the Radio plugin. To do...
I trying to enum all thumbnailes in the current selection. For example get all channels when the user is in the Radio plugin. To do...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hi, I was thinking about a audio-only instance of MP. Pass an argument, say "audioonly" to the main program and load just the nessecary for playing (net-shared) audio. This way i could run a lightweigth instance of MP, when i only want to listen audio. My changes in DB, playlists etc will be remembered and usable in normal MP...
Hi, I was thinking about a audio-only instance of MP. Pass an argument, say "audioonly" to the main program and load just the...
Hi, I was thinking about a audio-only instance of MP. Pass an argument, say "audioonly" to the main program and load just the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 My several wishes DE
Here is the list of features I'd like to see implemented in MP. 1. Display list of video/audio files using internal tags (if available) instead of real file names. Many video files have real movie name embedded. Using this info would improve IMDB search as well. 2. Make media info available for viewing. Similar to this: MediaInfo...
Here is the list of features I'd like to see implemented in MP. 1. Display list of video/audio files using internal tags (if...
Here is the list of features I'd like to see implemented in MP. 1. Display list of video/audio files using internal tags (if...
Replies
Views
it would be nice to have a forum part where we can have place for up-to-date channellists. I know there are pre-programmed channellists but they seem not to do a lot or it is just not to clear on how to use it. My idea is to make a wiki page for all countries and cities where one can download the needed channellists without the...
it would be nice to have a forum part where we can have place for up-to-date channellists. I know there are pre-programmed...
it would be nice to have a forum part where we can have place for up-to-date channellists. I know there are pre-programmed...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 GuiVideoFiles DE
As I noticed the contextMenu "set movie unwatched" don't remember the last item and scolls up after action. Short fix on GUIVideoFiles.OnShowContextMenu(): case 830: // Reset watched status int curItemIndex = facadeView.SelectedListItemIndex; SetMovieUnwatched(item.Path)...
As I noticed the contextMenu "set movie unwatched" don't remember the last item and scolls up after action. Short fix on...
As I noticed the contextMenu "set movie unwatched" don't remember the last item and scolls up after action. Short fix on...
Replies
Views
Right now you can create a playlist that must be named "folder.m3u". There you can put your wavs and they will be played on slideshow. Though not with fitting slideshow speed which would be not that easy to implement to MP in my opinion. But hey, it's a start ;-) Maschine
Right now you can create a playlist that must be named "folder.m3u". There you can put your wavs and they will be played on...
Hi, I have all my pictures in directory with .wav files (same names as .jpg files) and I'd like to have possibility to play...
Replies
Views
When viewing music or movies in any icon mode, MP splits the list of files up into multiple pages. When you click on the down arrow from the last page of files it plays a file with a highlighted icon the mouse isn't pointing at. Instead it should do nothing since the down arrow should be disabled.
When viewing music or movies in any icon mode, MP splits the list of files up into multiple pages. When you click on the down...
When viewing music or movies in any icon mode, MP splits the list of files up into multiple pages. When you click on the down...
Replies
Views
photoalbum / my pictures plugin when creating thumbnails for folders MP creates a picture with four images of files that are in that particular folder. However, if the folder doesn't have pictures in it but only other subdirs, the thumbnail stays empty. Would it be possible to go one level deeper (recurse) to get the 4 pictures...
photoalbum / my pictures plugin when creating thumbnails for folders MP creates a picture with four images of files that are...
photoalbum / my pictures plugin when creating thumbnails for folders MP creates a picture with four images of files that are...
Replies
Views
1) Include in MediaPortal installation plugins My TVSeries and Moving Pictures that way its "work out of box", without any copy files to folder tricks. By avoiding any compatibility issues, first relising next version MediaPortal to TVSeries and Moving Pictures developers then after its plugins updated include in final...
1) Include in MediaPortal installation plugins My TVSeries and Moving Pictures that way its "work out of box", without any copy...
1) Include in MediaPortal installation plugins My TVSeries and Moving Pictures that way its "work out of box", without any copy...
Replies
Views
O
Hi, It seems that MP doesn't remember the playlists, it's very frustrating for MyMusic section especially. The last played item index would be saved too when MP is exited.
Hi, It seems that MP doesn't remember the playlists, it's very frustrating for MyMusic section especially. The last played item...
Hi, It seems that MP doesn't remember the playlists, it's very frustrating for MyMusic section especially. The last played item...
Replies
Views
O
Top Bottom