Improvement Suggestions (104 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
A
MP1 MP2 weather update DE
I only have dialup connection which isn't always connected so what I would like is that if the weather update fails then it show the last update that worked. This would probably require that the weather for each city is stored in a seperate file. Thanks.
I only have dialup connection which isn't always connected so what I would like is that if the weather update fails then it show...
I only have dialup connection which isn't always connected so what I would like is that if the weather update fails then it show...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
VNC works well for this (well for iPaq's and similar at least) unless you are running XP SP2 with Fast User Switching. By the time the patch is official I bet one of the VNC packagers will have worked around that.
VNC works well for this (well for iPaq's and similar at least) unless you are running XP SP2 with Fast User Switching. By the time...
It would be great if you could set the tv to record over the Internet/web. Useful for when you are down the pub and forgot to...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
I know it is a really strange feature request, but: I have a plasma tv and plasma doensn't like static images. And guess what tv channel logo's are? :wink: So I would like to have a black moveable square which you can put over the logo's. In the manual of the tv it says: If you watch a static image for 1 hour, you need to...
I know it is a really strange feature request, but: I have a plasma tv and plasma doensn't like static images. And guess what tv...
I know it is a really strange feature request, but: I have a plasma tv and plasma doensn't like static images. And guess what tv...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
this would be nice for recording....
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
to view a image you press enter, if you press enter again then viewing a imgage i would like to get back to my pictures, instead of having to use escape since these keys are on the oposite of the keyboard. It's just a small thing but it's practical
to view a image you press enter, if you press enter again then viewing a imgage i would like to get back to my pictures, instead of...
A preview of the selected image would bee nice. Maybee in the same frame that currently shows the visualition. Thumbs can't always...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
cool, nice work MrMitchell Did you make it not show any files with the "invisible" tage or did you just make a filter for the 2 examples you given ? edit.. No matter I looked at your patch. You hide the files with the hidden tag set. Nice!!
cool, nice work MrMitchell Did you make it not show any files with the "invisible" tage or did you just make a filter for the 2...
It would be nice if MP did not show hidden folders like the "Recycler" and "System Volume Information" folders.
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 WEB CAM support DE
i really should try things first ...heheheh i have it working perfectly now... This is what u do : Plug in your WEBCAM. Install the drivers that came with it or look on the internet for the latest drivers. Install the video software that came with your webcam or get it off the internet. CONFIRM that the webcam actually...
i really should try things first ...heheheh i have it working perfectly now... This is what u do : Plug in your WEBCAM...
Hiya all I believe that webcams are very similar to TV-IN capture cards. Is it possible to have a webcam display in MP's "MY TV"...
Replies
Views
A
I believe that any DRIVE can be just linked to in the SETUP....for example...C: can be linked ...so if a USBSTICK is attatched..it usually has a driver letter...try it out...anything that has a drive letter in Windows Explorer should work....maybe u need to MAP the camera to a drive.... dont know if it will work...just try it out
I believe that any DRIVE can be just linked to in the SETUP....for example...C: can be linked ...so if a USBSTICK is attatched..it...
Hey! I'm using Media Portal on a PC with Windows XP home that is connected to the internet over Wireless lan. To ease the usability...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 myTV DE
in todo.txt is an entry allready describing we need graphics for the mytv stuff you want. So it is allready in the works. Same goes for time-shifting, allready in the works. Watch now is nice indeed.
in todo.txt is an entry allready describing we need graphics for the mytv stuff you want. So it is allready in the works. Same...
Ok, i have some feature requests for myTV: - OSD in Fullscreen. Would be nice if there also could be shown the programm...
Replies
Views
A
you do not have to use it, you can allready use an external player. Or set the internal player to DirectSHow, then you do not need wmp9 but you will not see any visualisations.
you do not have to use it, you can allready use an external player. Or set the internal player to DirectSHow, then you do not...
Is there any plan to remove WMP as the audio player in MediaPortal? I prefer not to install it, it is a memory hog and very...
Replies
Views
A
yeah, there will be a nicer way streams r handled. there has been done 0 about it yet :)
yeah, there will be a nicer way streams r handled. there has been done 0 about it yet :)
a .strm browser - perhaps with small logos for each channel, whether radio or TV (stream) - and perhaps also a line in .strm to...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Two pennies... DE
(Hmz, is this the correct forum to post such 'requests' in? I am having doubts..., grtz: PV) Okthen, i haven't read all postings but i would like to post my two europennies also so here it goes... A solid plugin interface with strong boundaries between the core and plugins should be defined. This is imho very important to...
(Hmz, is this the correct forum to post such 'requests' in? I am having doubts..., grtz: PV) Okthen, i haven't read all postings...
(Hmz, is this the correct forum to post such 'requests' in? I am having doubts..., grtz: PV) Okthen, i haven't read all postings...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I would like more patterns than "-cd" to be recognised. For my case I have movies marked with [1-2] (disc 1 from 2) and -disc-1. I already made it work on my system. Replace the ShouldStack function in Util/Util.cs with the attached one and the extra patterns are recognised. Hmmm, no attachements. You can get the file from here in...
I would like more patterns than "-cd" to be recognised. For my case I have movies marked with [1-2] (disc 1 from 2) and -disc-1. I...
I would like more patterns than "-cd" to be recognised. For my case I have movies marked with [1-2] (disc 1 from 2) and -disc-1. I...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Usbuirt support (1 Viewer) DE
I would like to see support to change channels on my external Sat. Receiver. The device I'm using is a usbuirt from www.usbuirt.com. A few of the other pvr software packages already have it... sagetv, gbpvr etc. Thanks.
I would like to see support to change channels on my external Sat. Receiver. The device I'm using is a usbuirt from...
I would like to see support to change channels on my external Sat. Receiver. The device I'm using is a usbuirt from...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
in myhtpc there is a search funktion in the tvguide - this is very simple to use with remote - can somewone create this? Thanks
in myhtpc there is a search funktion in the tvguide - this is very simple to use with remote - can somewone create this? Thanks
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
:) I just like the idea of one button for going all the way to the top :) But I understand your point.
:) I just like the idea of one button for going all the way to the top :) But I understand your point.
I don't know for the others but for me I could find useful to have the U key (parent directory) not to stop a the root of each...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Chapters and Audio DE
this is nnot yet made yet. Only works on DVD for now
this is nnot yet made yet. Only works on DVD for now
Hi! I miss a possibility to choose the audio stream in a personal video. The next/previous chapter function I miss too. Ok in an...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Shoutcast recording DE
Shoucast playback support and recording support are 2 different things...but its just takes some hard work...and not a priority right now (TV recording is :)
Shoucast playback support and recording support are 2 different things...but its just takes some hard work...and not a priority...
Now we have shoutcast working(in .ASX files)...it would be awesome to be able to record the MP3 audio streams as we play them....as...
Replies
Views
A
I have 2 pvr250s and a pvr350 in my box. Would it be possible in the TV Capture setup to number the cards in the drop down so I know which card I've setup already? Thanks!
I have 2 pvr250s and a pvr350 in my box. Would it be possible in the TV Capture setup to number the cards in the drop down so I...
I have 2 pvr250s and a pvr350 in my box. Would it be possible in the TV Capture setup to number the cards in the drop down so I...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Play asx Files DE
thx 8) bardelot
thx 8) bardelot
Would be nice if MediaPortal could play asx files. When I'm trying to play one it will crash.
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 .gif-files for folder image art (1 Viewer) DE
Hi, I think that gif-images should also be supported for the thumbnailed view of music-folders. -alibert
Hi, I think that gif-images should also be supported for the thumbnailed view of music-folders. -alibert
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 Please put keytable on a F-Key (1 Viewer) DE
This thread is a good example of why a pop up for the available keys is needed. nobody can recall all the keys in the different modules. Possibilities which are there will not be available for the average user, because he does not know them (or does not remember which key it was. Look here...
This thread is a good example of why a pop up for the available keys is needed. nobody can recall all the keys in the different...
Please put a table of the available keys for the active module on one F-Key. I know they are in keys.xml but I can´t look into it...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 emulator (1 Viewer) DE
my appologies ©¿© 0
my appologies ©¿© 0
i would like to see either the integration or support for external emulators such as RockNESX, ZSNES, Project64, and EPSXE. if...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
yep, that would be nice.
yep, that would be nice.
sometimes you don´t realize a blurred image on the small screen of the camera. so after transfering it and looking through the new...
Replies
Views
O.K. Last night I created a lot of subfolders, and I must admit thats what I should have done from the beginning 8) So everything is working fine and scans are only made of pictures in the folder you have opened not the subfolders. So, no need to implement a new feature for this. tomtom21000
O.K. Last night I created a lot of subfolders, and I must admit thats what I should have done from the beginning 8) So...
Yesterday I took 40 new photographs and transferred them to my hard disk. Of course they had no thumbs shown in media portal. so...
Replies
Views
A
It seems the skip-forward and back keys skip by 10%. I would like a way to configure them to skip forward by a number of seconds and back by a different number. (Typically to skip commercials on TV recordings I use skip fwd 15sec, skip back 5sec)
It seems the skip-forward and back keys skip by 10%. I would like a way to configure them to skip forward by a number of seconds...
It seems the skip-forward and back keys skip by 10%. I would like a way to configure them to skip forward by a number of seconds...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Well, then I probably have to adjust the "Time [1..4] label" y-Positions and move them some pixels to the left and stretch them a bit in width. I will try this and post my result-screenshot tomorrow when I'm back home. -alibert
Well, then I probably have to adjust the "Time [1..4] label" y-Positions and move them some pixels to the left and stretch them a...
Hi, at the moment, my tv guide looks like this: As you can see, there is plenty of space wasted at the left side between...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Hi, seems to work in revision 1205. Thanks a lot :) -alibert
Hi, seems to work in revision 1205. Thanks a lot :) -alibert
Diffcult to describe... When the text for an item is larger then the viewable area of the highlight-bar, the text automatically...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Play DVD images DE
it did work at one point, vever looked at it again.
it did work at one point, vever looked at it again.
would be cool for mediaportal to support playing DVD images (iso, bin/cue, etc.) like in XBMC. Off course including full...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I would like to schedule recordings from outside of MediaPortal, e.g. from an external app over the local network. Therefore maybe a commandline interface like MPschedule.exe -'Date' -'Time' -'Duration' -'Filename' would be great. :) -alibert
Hi, I would like to schedule recordings from outside of MediaPortal, e.g. from an external app over the local network...
Hi, I would like to schedule recordings from outside of MediaPortal, e.g. from an external app over the local network...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Top Bottom