[0.2] Fails to restart TV tuner after returning from suspend (1 Viewer)

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Great! When the patch is available I will test it. Thanx for your effort!

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
ziphnor: I am struggling with the 'resume-after-standby'-problem since a while now. I am very happy that somebody takes care for that now!

My point: I am not using powerscheduler at all. It is deactivated. Does that mean that your patch does not help me? Shouldn't the start/stop-thing be a basic MP patch?

I am sending my MP to sleep using my remote or using the PC's on/off button. In my opinion the recorder or the TV card at all should be stopped. So that it will be started fresh and clean after resuming.

thanks+regards
WeWe

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ziphnor: I am struggling with the 'resume-after-standby'-problem since a while now. I am very happy that somebody takes care for that now!

I think the lack of response on this issue is due to the upcoming replacement of the TV engine.

My point: I am not using powerscheduler at all. It is deactivated. Does that mean that your patch does not help me? Shouldn't the start/stop-thing be a basic MP patch?

If the patch makes it into the SVN(might not as it seems the new TV engine is *VERY* close), you will need to enable powerscheduler, but its not necessary to enable any of its features. You can still hibernate/standby manually, Powerscheduler just needs to be enabled to catch the resume event.

Looking at the code, i dont think there is any special support for standby/hibernation in MP except in Powerscheduler(mind you, while im a decent programmer, i dont know the MP code, so i could easily be wrong).

Btw, after updating to the latest SVN but before applying my patch, i did have much less problems with resuming, so others might have changed things as well. However after my (small) change i havent experienced the problem at all.

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sounds good all of that ...

- can I have the patch?
    - what is the release/SVN (I am on 2.0.0.0 without any patch)

Do you know the Autostart plugin? My final goal is that MP should work with Autostart without any problem. That means: the first thing I see from MP after resuming is fullscreen TV (like a 'real TV').

thanks+regards
    WeWe

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The patch only stop/starts the recorder on resume, most likely resulting in you being returned to a black screen, as the TV is 'off' after this.

The only way what you describe works is if the Autostart plug-in runs AFTER the stop/start sequence. Is the Autostart plug-in resume 'aware'? I believe the powerscheduler checks for plugins that implement IWakeable or similar, and informs them of the resume, but i dont know if the autostart plugin supports that( i dont use it myself as i definetly dont want to resume to fullscreen TV :)

As to getting the patch, its in the patch queue so you can either apply it yourself or i can put the ProcessPlugin.dll compiled against a few day old SVN somewhere for you to download.

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - Autostart can handle resume - which means there is an option in autostart also 'to autostart' after resuming (which sometimes ends in black screen :-( )

- Thanks I will wait for the patch queue ... (hopefully they make soon a new 'stable'. As I decided a while ago only to install stables)

thanks+regards
    WeWe

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ehhh ... by the way: what is the 'patch queue'? Does that mean that the fix will for sure be part of one of the next SVN's / stable's ?

thanks+regards
    WeWe

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The patch queue is a queue of patches submitted by people who do not have SVN access(ie not a developer). These patches can be rejected or accepted into the SVN.

What exactly does the Autostart plugin do?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What exactly does the Autostart plugin do?

You can set it up to bypass Home screen and so MP on start will take you too examples, Fullscreen TV, Music and start play predefined playlist, Radio preselected station, Pictures slideshow.

Ziphnor, really looking forward to this problem being solved, so if you want another tester just pm me.

Fed up having to close and reopen MP after Hibernate, as cannot turn pc off if a recording due, cos i know MP will become unresponsive and not record (trying to start tvcard usb, consistant everytime).

thanks again for your efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom