1.8.0 Not detecting recording conflicts (1 Viewer)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    With that cleared up, I prefer my family to know when a program cannot be recorded due to 2 others in the same time slot, so I have maximum channels at 1 per card, yet MP isn't warning of any conflicts. Is it local or server logs that are required, or both?

Has someone else tried it and it works fine for them? Note I'm using a multiseat situation with TV Server in office and MP in lounge.

I'm sure I also noticed last played positions not being stored (at least between computer restarts). I watched Wimbledon for 2 or 3 hours, and restarting the recording the next day started from the beginning again. I've noticed that with 2 other programs lately. Yet it worked fine for some other programs I tested it with. Strange. I'm using UNC access to the recorded files.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    With that cleared up, I prefer my family to know when a program cannot be recorded due to 2 others in the same time slot, so I have maximum channels at 1 per card, yet MP isn't warning of any conflicts.
    Sure... but again, just because schedules are set to go at the same time slot does not mean that they can't be recorded. The maximum of one per card is only applied for encrypted channels. There is no limit for free channels.

Is it local or server logs that are required, or both?
    Server. Please also specify exactly which schedules - program, channel, date and time - you think conflicted and you weren't warned about.

I'm sure I also noticed last played positions not being stored (at least between computer restarts).
    One problem at a time.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just a note that this issue still exists in 1.9.0 with encrypted and unencrypted channels. I haven't sent any server logs yet, but surely it cannot be difficult to duplicate yourself if you set the maximum of 1 channel per TV card and set every channel to record at a specific time. I mean I tried all DVB-S unencrypted channels on Freeview, and 10 or so encrypted channels, and there was no warnings. It use to work with the exact same hardware. It started after an update to the server several versions ago.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello rlevis

Just a note that this issue still exists in 1.9.0 with encrypted and unencrypted channels.
    Yeah, I was waiting for you to provide log files so that I could track this problem down. Problems don't usually just fix themselves. ;)
    As it turns out, in this case you've got lucky. Other people eventually provided the logs that I needed, and I supplied a patch here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ding-broadcastings.127995/page-5#post-1105299

The patch must be applied to the MediaPortal installation (ie. not the TV Server installation).
    Expect the fix to be included in the next release.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom