1080i material not deinterlacing under 1.0.1.0 (2 Viewers)

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With the new information revealed in an earlier post (above) I'd suggest you do nothing with your current system; instead, update to MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC2 when it's released!

hehe, so all the nagging was helpful :D

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: 1080i material not deinterlacing under 1.0.1.0

it is real good to see that things - if they have no benifit - will change again.

i am real happy - couse it was hard to find the right hardware @ mITX format...
    (till now i didn't find it - only hardcore CPU oversized machines imho like AMD X3 or X4
    which is TOO much for a Media-Center PC)
    so if the ATI flickering hack will be thrown away again ...
    MePo will run smooth again on the tiny small and green-powered mITX machines ...

Perfect !!!

BIG BIG thx ...

Nagarjuna

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to give you a quick update:

Andrew H, of course I didn't take your advice. Don't take this the wrong way, I thank you very much for your input, but doing nothing is not an option. So I installed Windows 7 on my HTPC along with 1.1.0 RC1 and SAF 4 final. Nothing changed. Then I upgraded to SAF 5 and 1080i playback is absolutely smooth. I knew this was a codec problem since the MPC-HC codec interlaced pefectly. Funny thing: I used Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 codec before and now it just works. Strange...

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    NOT taking anything the wrong way - this is an open forum for discussion! I did reread your post and see that YOUR problem is related to 1080i deinterlacing of .264-encoded material, right? Here in the US our ATSC OTA broadcast is MPEG-2 formatted 720p or 1080i (60Hz). So... your results may be different! I have found using the MP-MPC for .264 .mkv files I have works better, less CPU (more GPU) than the Cyberlink and have been using it for some time now.

With my new system I've built, I've been playing around with MP 1.1.0 RC1 and am waiting on RC2 before I attempt to place it into my 'production' spot... for now I'm happy with my older BE-2350 system listed in "My System" running MP 1.0.2 and a N9500GT to achieve the necessary deinterlacing of MPEG-2 1080i.

Nagarjuna

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, my problem had to do with .264 video material. I guess MPEG2 is even more resource hungry. I was half kidding about the not following your advice bit. As you probably have experienced yourself having an HTPC keeps you up at night and robs your mind of its sanity.

I also wanted to post this here, because maybe someone else has the same problem and finds this. People don't post enough of their solutions. Usually they just stop responding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom