1080i material not deinterlacing under 1.0.1.0 (1 Viewer)

huckster2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do try the latest 1.1 beta. After you pointed out here that it seemed better I quickly installed it on another 780g-based system (HD3200) with an Athlon 4200+ and our 1080i channel here (TV3) played without a problem. I need to do more testing tonight and will update here when I try a known 1080i stuttering recording that has failed under 1.0.2 on this very PC. From memory I set this up with HDPack 2.2/PowerDVD9 Codec and it used about 20% CPU. I'd be happy with that for this one channel. Will confirm details tonight.

System has an Athlon 5200+ in it, uses PowerDVD 8 codec for h.264, low jitter/dropped frames on 1080i and CPU never goes over 20% whether live, 720p, 1080i or recorded (all h.264). What has changed with 1.1....?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    0002748: Remove ATI flickering hack

Looks like we're gonna get the power of our video cards back

Ah! So it WAS a bug.

Not a bug, but intentional hack to workaround ATI related issues. And also currently the removal of that hack seems to bring few users that are reporting no video at all... So, don't pop the champange yet, we might need to put that ugly hack back to cure ATI related issues :(

But it still not reproduced by the team???
    I hope it will be better solution to cure issues of few users then return that hack and slow down ion`s

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    But it still not reproduced by the team???
    I hope it will be better solution to cure issues of few users then return that hack and slow down ion`s

ronilse can reproduce with one laptop :) ...and I personaly don't have any clue what could cause it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom