AirPlayer - AirPlay target for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just when we think that we have iOS 8.0.2 under control, Apple come out with iOS 8.1

Has anyone tested this yet?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I haven't tried myself (still on iOS 7 here) but there are reports that it's still working fine with Kodi/XBMC and I'm using the same fix as them so should work.

Freuli

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Hello,

Musik is running with Airplay here smooth. Thanks for that.
    But unfortunately, Video is nit running.
    When I start a Video, e.g. from VLC, Audio starts, I can see one Picture in the small preview window, but Video is not running. I installed LAV, but no Change.
    Who can help?

Thanks
    Markus

Attachments

• settings.JPG
      settings.JPG
      100.7 KB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    If you are trying to stream a video from your network I believe that's the expected behaviour (unless somebody can confirm it works with an appleTV). When airplaying a video the device merely sends the original url for the video to MP, if you are streaming it using a custom/non http connection (which you probably are if using VLC) there's no url to pass on, the same applies if streaming from iCloud.

Can you try airplaying from the YouTube website and see if that works?

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm that it seems like Video that has to be played should either be availabe via http or it should be local on the iDevice
    greetings
    Carsten

Yucca

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Myrskylä
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    AirPlay is a good start for a simple basic plugin. If you guys want to make it great, make it work with android too. And if you really want to make it cool, then you should add possibulity to stream from MP to MP... Saying that is cos I´we been useing AirFoil and PCDJ for a synchronize audio system at my house. And with this I could play videos and audios. Create somekind of playlist possibulity and keep on partying... ;)

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    This seems like a great plugin. But I am having some teething issues.
    I am using my iphone 4s on IOS 8.1.2
    If I set the application up and not tick the IOS8 workaround option, I can stream music and pictures fine.
    But, it will not stream video. With youtube it just doesn't do anything. And with video shot on the iphone it plays the first snapshot photo only. (but it does play the audio from both).
    If I enable the IOS8 workaround, and then try a youtube video, it pops up in media portal as unable to play video.
    I understand from previous posts that the youtube thing is to do with http etc... , But I cant get that to work from either the app or from within safari.
    Im not all that bothered about youtube.
    But I would have liked the videos shot on the camera in the phone to play back.
    With the IOS8 workaround enabled, if I try to play one of these videos the phone displays a grey screen saying now playing on HTPC, but they after trying for a few seconds MP pops up saying it couldn't play airplay.

I have all the default LAV filters installed. I don't fiddle with those as they have always worked for MP.
    Does anyone have any ideas whats going on?

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Can you set MP's log level to debug - reproduce the issue then post your AirPlayer.log please.

You also need to ensure you have MPUrlSourceFilter installed, it's included with OnlineVideos or available separately via MPEI

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom