AMC Updater v0.8.0 Now Available! (1 Viewer)

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This thread is to announce the release of the latest version of AMC Updater - v0.8. Please post any bug reports in this thread so I can keep track of them.

And for those who are new to AMCUpdater...

What is AMC Updater?
If you use the MyFilms plugin and maintain a movie database using Ant Movie Catalog (preferred format for the MyFilms database) then this utility can automatically import new files into the database. AMCUpdater can scan multiple locations for video files / DVD images and import them into Ant along with as much additional data as possible. This includes video data such as runtime and resolution; as well as Internet-based lookups for movie information and cover art. AMCUpdater can run in a full GUI mode but can also be scripted so it runs on computer startup or similar. The latest version of MyFilms also supports directly updating your database from within MyFilms, either to scan for new files or perform individual lookups for recent Internet data.

The latest full release is version 0.8.0 - available from SourceForge - here

The current test version with the latest bugfixes is 0.8.7 - attached to this posting. You'll need the full package from SourceForge as the attached file is just the AMCUpdater.exe file. Please consider the test versions to be beta and potentially unstable - I've tested them but you never know! Backup first etc.

Change Log since 0.8.0...
  • Added option for Imports where files which have moved to a new location can be re-scanned for Media data. This is off by default, so the database entries will only be updated with the correct new location. If enabled, the entry is updated using the options on the Database Fields tab.
  • Fixed bug with default value of ‘Movie Title Handling’ – only occurs if no config file found.
  • Added support for ‘Formatted Title’ field – uses Translated Title if available, uses Original Title if not. Note : You must delete your AMCUpdater_DefaultSettings.xml file for this field to become available!
  • Changed logic so files already in database which move locations are not re-scanned for Internet data (media data will be refreshed)
  • Check for subtitle files in same folder as movie and with same name as movie files. Also supports names with .es, .en and similar language acronyms in the filename. Supports .SRT and .SUB files at present. I don't know much about subtitles and only have a few samples to work with - please do let me know if this new feature doesn't work for you.
  • Additional option to parse subtitle .IDX files to find out what languages are stored in them. Look for the checkbox on the Options tab to enable this - off by default.
  • Added tool-tips for most options.
  • Found error in multi-part handling for non-media filetypes. Bug also affected dvd images. Now fixed.
  • Improved DVD name detection to detect ‘disk1of2’ sub-folders correctly, using same RegEx as for multi-part files.
  • Added global option to prevent any Internet lookup occurring.
  • Manual Update used with ‘Folder.jpg’ option now changed – will use existing folder.jpg if present if none is already listed. Otherwise it will attempt to download a new copy.
  • Corrected bug where ‘user folder.jpg’ could override Full Path / Relative path settings.
  • Changed use of MediaInfo.dll to reduce unhandled exceptions on scanning.
  • Corrected bug in Group Name logic – was detecting multi-part files as being in a group.
  • Added support for accessing / storing the cover art in the movie folder as folder.jpg
  • Check documentation lists how to create a blank Ant Movie Catalog file for newbies.

Cheers,

Orion.

p.s. Please Note : The attached files are updated versions of the AMCUpdater.exe file and are intended only for use with the 0.8.0 full release available on SourceForge. Using these with previous versions will not be a fun experience :)

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
Hi Carmenm,

Since the last beta in the 0.7.3 topic - nothing has changed.
Since the last official release of 0.7.3... lots has changed! The release notes on SourceForge have the change log - here it is for convenience...

Changes:
- Check status of buttons on manual run, particularly on error. Fixed.
- Fix handling of file errors during multi-threaded manual run. Fixed.
- Improved support for Settings files – properly handles new settings if not found in old user settings file. Done.
- Fix handling of CHECKED flag for main import run (and manual I suppose). Fixed.
- Option to change how movie title (original title) is imported: File Name, Parent Folder Name, or each with Internet Lookup. Done.
- Import scanning – does not remove ‘1of2’ type entries when sending through to Internet grabber. Fixed.
- Automatically ‘cleanse’ filename, regardless whether gathered from filename or foldername. Done.
- Excluded keywords for Filenames and Foldernames when scanning. Done – needs thorough testing!
- Enhance filename cleansing with RegEx support. Done – needs testing.
- Add better indication of when Internet lookup will be needed (highlight Database Field options etc.). Done.
- Add file information to Internet lookup dialog box. Done – appears in window title bar.
- Fix Internet lookup dialog box so it stays in one place each time it appears. Done.
- Bug in Manual Update with multi-part files losing 2nd part onwards in source field – Fixed.
- Bug in Manual Update – Internet update. Required files to be available for scanning. Fixed.
- Add support for URL field – Done. Thanks Zebons!
- Background colours on some form items mis-match between WinXP and Vista. Fixed.
- Add support for Movie Groups – multiple movies in a folder, when FolderName is used for Movie Name. Done.
- Bug when running twice – first run imports multi-part files, second run reports no orphans but still says ‘2 multipart files’. Fixed.
- Internet Search Dialog – filename should be shown in title for manual update. Could not replicate – seems to work fine.
- When correcting Internet Search String in lookup box, hitting enter should invoke ‘Search Again’. Done – if you change the Search Text then hitting enter will ‘Search Again’. If you don’t change the text then hitting enter will accept the current result.
- Make use of Group Name optional for Original Title / Translated Title / Both.
- Log window not fully docked to main – can be hidden behind other windows / not brought to front on alt-tab. Fixed.
- Grabber downloads image even if not selected. Image not linked by AntRecord, just downloaded. Fixed.
- Grabber stores image source in full, not relative path. Fixed.
- Grabber – year returned from IMDB as ‘968/’ rather than ‘1968’. Zebons fixed bug in IMDB xml file.
- Batch mode glitch – returns control and appears to have finished whilst still running in the background.
- Bug retrieving audio stream count when MediaInfo cannot read file. Fixed.
- Movie Title not correctly read from DVD copies in standard VIDEO_TS folder structure.
- Option to save / discard processed data for manual run
- Manual Updater – ‘Test Parameters’ and ‘Apply Changes’ should be disabled during run.
- Enable up/down keys to select item in Internet Lookup box without clicking on the list.
- Fix validation on Manual Updater – doesn’t correctly check existence of Parser and Excluded Movies files.
- Enable renaming of downloaded images like in Ant – option to add prefix added.
- Add support for storing images in subfolders – incorporated into the Prefix option.
- Updated Internet Parser scripts.

Cheers,

Orion.

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
Thanks a lot i didnt know about the last beta ;)

Ok i just tried it and i love it!. I have a feature request about posters. Currently you only do a web search. Could you add a lookup for folder.jpg ? If you find one use it if not, use the script lookup feature. May be you could even add am option to save the poster as folder .jpg
What do you think?

One Other thing is where can i find infos about how to modify a script? I find that the imdb script doesnt get enough actors for me. And i would like to add fields like the music composer.

Thanks

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
Thanks a lot i didnt know about the last beta ;)
Ok i just tried it and i love it!. I have a feature request about posters. Currently you only do a web search. Could you add a lookup for folder.jpg ? If you find one use it if not, use the script lookup feature. May be you could even add am option to save the poster as folder .jpg
What do you think?

Hiya,

Not sure about the folder.jpg idea. I don't see why not - though I'm not sure if keeping the cover art with the collection is best in this situation. I guess it depends whether you use a network location for storage or it it's all on the media PC itself. I suspect performance would be worse with the images on the network. But it's possible - I just tested and Ant Movie Catalog and MyFilms both show the image when I move it to a network share. I'll add it to the list for the next version - it's probably quite an easy change to add.

One Other thing is where can i find infos about how to modify a script? I find that the imdb script doesnt get enough actors for me. And i would like to add fields like the music composer.

Sorry - I have no idea how that bit works! Zebons (author of MyFilms) is your man there. I guess he's rather busy at the moment though, with a new release of MyFilms just out. I do know that you won't be able to add new fields by modifying the grabber scripts. Both the grabber and AMCUpdater would need to be updated to handle that. Also, so far we have not changed the Ant Movie Catalog database format, because it's a 3rd party product it may change in the future and we have to remain compatible. Ant doesn't support a Music Composer field so at present neither do we. The list of database fields shown in AMCUpdater is all that we can use. Sorry!

Cheers,

Orion.

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hiya,

Not sure about the folder.jpg idea. I don't see why not - though I'm not sure if keeping the cover art with the collection is best in this situation. I guess it depends whether you use a network location for storage or it it's all on the media PC itself. I suspect performance would be worse with the images on the network. But it's possible - I just tested and Ant Movie Catalog and MyFilms both show the image when I move it to a network share. I'll add it to the list for the next version - it's probably quite an easy change to add.
Thanks a lot i think it would be a great addition.

Sorry - I have no idea how that bit works! Zebons (author of MyFilms) is your man there. I guess he's rather busy at the moment though, with a new release of MyFilms just out. I do know that you won't be able to add new fields by modifying the grabber scripts. Both the grabber and AMCUpdater would need to be updated to handle that. Also, so far we have not changed the Ant Movie Catalog database format, because it's a 3rd party product it may change in the future and we have to remain compatible. Ant doesn't support a Music Composer field so at present neither do we. The list of database fields shown in AMCUpdater is all that we can use. Sorry!
Ok, i understaind perfectly ;)

Thanks for your quick answer

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I can't get this to work!? I have already posted my error in my own thread, but i think this thread more belongs to questions regarding this.

AMC Updater won't write the found data to the XML file..

1: First i tried to make a brand-new XML-file and use that for AMC Updater. (Just opened notepad, and saving it as title.xml) But it didn't work, beacuse the program said it was corrupt or something. (Error : Rootelement is missing). So i had to start MyMovies up, and add a couple of mymovies there -Then export the XML file from that program, and suddenly AMC Updater would now use the file...

2: But the problem is that everything looks fine in AMC Updater, but nothing is written to the XML file (Same data as i exported from MyMovies)

3: This is my log file from AMC Updater:

13-10-2008 12:24:55 - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Parsing XML File
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - ================================================== =================================================
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Parsing XML File - Complete - 0 entries found.
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - ================================================== =================================================
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Processing Movie Folder : D:\HTPC\Film\
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - File Found - Movie1.mkv
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - File Found - Movie2.mkv
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - File Found - Movie3.mkv
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - File Found - Movie4.mkv
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - File Found - Movie5.iso
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Processing Movie Folder - Done - 5 files found.
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Finding Orphaned Movies (not in XML file)
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Orphaned File : Movie1.mkv
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Orphaned File : Movie2.mkv
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Orphaned File : Movie3.mkv
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Orphaned File : Movie4.mkv
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Orphaned File : Movie5.iso
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Processing Complete - Found 0 Multi Part Files Entries.
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Processing Complete - Found 0 to be Updated Entries.
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Processing Complete - Found 5 Missing Entries.
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Starting XML update process.
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - FilePath : D:\HTPC\Programmer\AMC Updater\Database\Titles.xml
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - ParserPath : D:\HTPC\Programmer\AMC Updater\Scripts\MyFilmsIMDB.xml
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - ExcludePath : D:\HTPC\Programmer\AMC Updater\AMCUpdater_Excluded_Files.txt
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - MoviePath : D:\HTPC\Film\
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - OverridePath :
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Store Short Names : False
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - OverwriteFlag : True
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - BackupFlag : True
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - MediaType : HDD
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - MediaLabel : Server
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - SourceField : Source
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - PurgeMissing : False
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Import on Internet Lookup Failure : True
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Starting file analysis and import - 5 orphaned files found.
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Backing up xml file.
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Backing up xml file - done.
13-10-2008 12:24:55 - Processing Files.
13-10-2008 12:25:12 - ERROR : objektreferencen er ikke indstillet til en forekomst af et objekt.
//// This error is in my native language. But i think the error in english would be:
The Object-reference is not correct configurated to handle the occurrence of a object!?

13-10-2008 12:25:12 - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13-10-2008 12:25:12 - File Import Complete - 0 files loaded.
13-10-2008 12:25:12 - ================================================== =================================================
13-10-2008 12:25:12 - Writing changes to XML file
13-10-2008 12:25:12 - ================================================== =================================================
13-10-2008 12:25:12 - XML update process complete.

4: As you can see there is no major errors!? The only line i could point at is the lines marked with "bold"? Is the problem my XML file who doesn't work? If thats the reason -How to i make a file from scratch who works!?

Please help..

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
great proggy!

is there a way to get it to download the full plot instead of just the short summary? For example:

25th Hour (2002) - Plot summary

and also, can it download the first user comment?:

25th Hour (2002)

AMC's bundled IMDB script has configurable options for both of these fields - would be great if AMC Updater could do it as well.

Hiya,

It should be possible - as per my previous post I have no idea how to do it though! I'll ask the author of the grabber for advice.

I can't get this to work!? I have already posted my error in my own thread, but i think this thread more belongs to questions regarding this.

1: First i tried to make a brand-new XML-file and use that for AMC Updater. (Just opened notepad, and saving it as title.xml) But it didn't work, beacuse the program said it was corrupt or something. (Error : Rootelement is missing). So i had to start MyMovies up, and add a couple of mymovies there -Then export the XML file from that program, and suddenly AMC Updater would now use the file...

2: But the problem is that everything looks fine in AMC Updater, but nothing is written to the XML file (Same data as i exported from MyMovies)

The answer is in the question - this is an Ant Movie Catalog Updater; not a MyMovies updater! Incidentally though, you don't need to create an Ant XML file if you're starting from scratch - if you type in the location for your new XML file and it doesn't exist, then AMCUpdater will create the file for you.

So sorry - download and try Ant Movie Catalog if you want to use AMCUpdater to manage your collection!

Best regards,

Orion.

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

The answer is in the question - this is an Ant Movie Catalog Updater; not a MyMovies updater! Incidentally though, you don't need to create an Ant XML file if you're starting from scratch - if you type in the location for your new XML file and it doesn't exist, then AMCUpdater will create the file for you.

So sorry - download and try Ant Movie Catalog if you want to use AMCUpdater to manage your collection!

Best regards,

Orion.

Well that did the trick, to let AMC Updater create an XML file by itselfs! :) i think that might be a very good hint for firsttime users!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom