AMC Updater v0.8.0 Now Available! (1 Viewer)

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well that did the trick, to let AMC Updater create an XML file by itselfs! :) i think that might be a very good hint for firsttime users!! :)

I'll make sure it's in the documentation for the next release! :)

Cheers,

Orion.

mojo_lo

Portal Member
September 1, 2007
Hiya,

It should be possible - as per my previous post I have no idea how to do it though! I'll ask the author of the grabber for advice.

Thanks. Apologies for assuming that you were also the author of the grabber. I had a look at the XML file, but couldn't makes heads or tails out of it.

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
Thanks a lot i didnt know about the last beta ;)

Ok i just tried it and i love it!. I have a feature request about posters. Currently you only do a web search. Could you add a lookup for folder.jpg ? If you find one use it if not, use the script lookup feature. May be you could even add am option to save the poster as folder .jpg
What do you think?

Hi Carmenm,

Have a play with the attached - this should now support folder.jpg for cover art. The logic works like this:

For an Import run (using the Interactive tab):
If there is a file named folder.jpg in the folder, then link to that. Discard the downloaded image (if any)
If the file is not already there, save the newly downloaded image (if any) as folder.jpg and link to that.

For a Manual Update run:
Overwrite any existing folder.jpg with the new one.

Let me know what you think, and please make a backup first :)

Cheers,

Orion.

p.s. Please note - the attached is just the AMCUpdater.exe - you'll need to put this in a folder with the rest of the program files from a full AMCUpdater install.

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
A new feature request of your spanish fan :D
Would be nice if the program looked for available subtitles in the movies folder and filled with that information the subtitles field
example, we have:
300.avi 300.es.srt (spanish) 300.en.srt (english)
then the subtitles field could be: en,es

What do you think about this??

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
A new feature request of your spanish fan :D
Would be nice if the program looked for available subtitles in the movies folder and filled with that information the subtitles field
example, we have:
300.avi 300.es.srt (spanish) 300.en.srt (english)
then the subtitles field could be: en,es

What do you think about this??

Hi Number 1 Spanish Fan :)

Yeah, I have considered searching for external subtitle files. My problem so far has been finding how to properly detect the language. There seem to be quite a few different standards for subtitles, including having the subtitle files stored in a .rar archive. That makes it tricky. In my own collection I have .sub, .srt and .idx files!

I'll look into it when I have time, although it won't be as quick and easy as the folder.jpg was.

Cheers,

Orion.

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
i have a question about the group feature.
The problem i see is that it interferes with the multi-disc feature. My multi-disc movies are also seen as a group and so the original title is changed consequently.
Would it be possible for the importer to see that all the file in this dir are the multi-disc of the same movie and so doesnt create a group?
My other question is if i have that dir structure:
GroupMovie/Movie1/movie1.avi
groupMovie/Movie2/movie2.avi
Will they be seen as a group "groupMovie" of Movie1 and Movie2?

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
Thanks Orion, I have a quick question. Most of my movies in this format: A.Few.Good.Men.1992.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR

What should I write Strip Characters from Title to get rid of the "1992.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR" part

Thanks

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
The problem i see is that it interferes with the multi-disc feature. My multi-disc movies are also seen as a group and so the original title is changed consequently.
Would it be possible for the importer to see that all the file in this dir are the multi-disc of the same movie and so doesnt create a group?

I'll look into it - hopefully this afternoon.

Thanks Orion, I have a quick question. Most of my movies in this format: A.Few.Good.Men.1992.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR

What should I write Strip Characters from Title to get rid of the "1992.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR" part

Thanks

Hi arryo,

I just tested with that filename, and added the following to the 'strip characters' list...

-
720p
BluRay
DTS
x264
ESiR

And that came up with 'A Few Good Men 1992' - which is then sent to the Internet lookup grabber. If you have 'File Name + Internet Lookup' selected then this should be good enough to get an online match, and the title will then be corrected with the value from the Internet.

You will probably find it difficult to strip out the year as well, since some films have numbers in the title. To strip out a four-digit number you would use this RegEx - [0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] - but do be careful!

Cheers,

Orion.

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country

Hi Carmenm,

I've fixed the issue with multi-part files being detected as a group - that wasn't too difficult. Multiple files in one folder will now only be considered 'a group' if they are not also multi-part files, as defined by the RegEx expression on the Options tab.

Your second question is more complicated. Are all of your grouped movies stored in that format? The way I see the logic, there's no way to determine which folder level is the Group Name, unless I make it an option that Group Names will be the 1st level parent, 2nd level parent, and so on. That should be possible to add, but will only work if all of your movies are grouped in the same way.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Orion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom