Aspect Ratio Change Cause Picture Freeze (1 Viewer)

dipunm

Portal Pro
August 6, 2006
Hi all, ive knoticed that while watching abc1 at a specific point(just when advert starts/end) the picture freezes only solutionis tv turn off, then back on (i think change channel also works) on my existing tv, at the point where my pc bugs up, i see the aspect ratio changes... thiis is annoying, any1 else experience this? using msi usb meagasky dvb-t for tv input

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
where abouts are you from? if you're from australia, i've never experienced that kind of behaviour on abc or any of the stations.
you probably should post a full support template and log file ;)

dipunm

Portal Pro
August 6, 2006
ok

hi, sorry, atm im not in a position to use the pc that im using i will post the support template and all asap

i have 2ghz processor AMD, mp v2.04, windows mce2005, 256mb ram (or 128), ati raeon 9250 graphics card (dont kno vram yet)

im in uk london no cropping etc

i found using the suppiled codec never formatted the display (16:9 or 4:3) properly so i used a cyberlink mpeg decoder this worked but crashes as described (havent tested using orig codec properly and cant until wknd now as work consumes 99% of my life

another post will come in the weekend... sorry i cant help you help me :(

ps. i cant test because abc1 is always off wen i return from work and i dont kno any other channel that caused the prob

dipunm

Portal Pro
August 6, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.4 (2006-08-11)
MediaPortal Skin: Razor
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: AC3Filter
Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2400+
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: A7N266VM (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: MSI Mega Sky 580
TV Card Type: DVB-T
TV Card Driver: v1.5.0.1
Video Card Model: Radeon 9250 (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis:: -

here you go, i would post the log but as i said, i cant remake the eror yet and the log dayes back to today only hence no record of the problem... will post asap

bigj

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
I see the same too - very occasionally - when watching Lost.
It's at the program logo point - IIRC exactly where the aspect signal would occur.
I know other people see this too.

I use the nvideo codec for the same reason - that it handles aspect ratio changes correctly. I'd always assumed the bug was specific to the nvidia codec but perhaps not - perhaps it's related to the aspect change that both these codecs support; and this suggests it's a generic failure due to some other common component in the graph (be it another filter or mediaportal itself...)

BigJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom