Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (3 Viewers)

andy_328

Portal Pro
November 19, 2014
Home Country
Austria Austria
@Marcus Venturi
yes I tought something like that, to make a script or .bat. or even it would be nice to turn on the TV, once the PC is started.

thanks

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @TheBatfink : Here is the latest Version of Auto3D for MediaPortal 1.10 for testing. Please replace the Core.dll and install the plugin.

@andy_328 : This version has the feature you requested: Turning off the TV when MediaPortal (i.e. the PC) is supended.

There is a setting on the options page in the Auto3DSetup dialog:

PowerOff.jpg

Just press the Test button and check if your TV goes into Standby.

If this works, set a checkmark at "Turn off TV / Beamer with MediaPortal" and close setup with OK.

Now start MediaPortal and check if the TV goes into Standby when the PC is suspended.

I could only test it with the LG Emulator and when I press the "Test" button, the Emulator goes to sleep. But I couldn't test the suspend stuff, as the LG Emulator runs on the same PC as MediaPortal and when MediaPortal is suspended, the Emulator has to time to react, because the PC is suspending...

Attachments

• Auto3D.zip
      4.2 MB

andy_328

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

thanks, when I try the test button, the TV turn off, but when I make a shutdown, with the menu inside MP, the TV keep on.

maybe a .bat file would be better, to put it on some script, so it would be even possible to turn on the TV when MP starts?

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The button works, so the command is OK. :)
    Shutting down is not supported, the command is only sent if the PC is going into sleep (=suspended). I will change this.

Turning on with a command is not possible as the TV is in StandBy. Turning on might only be possible via Wake on LAN. But the TV must support this.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @TheBatfink : Here is the latest Version of Auto3D for MediaPortal 1.10 for testing. Please replace the Core.dll and install the plugin.

Hi @Marcus Venturi I've tried the new files and it works well :) Thanks very much for taking the time out especially during the holiday to work the webOS support, much appreciated.

For my model, to go from 2D -> 3DSBS it's 3D -> Right -> OK. To return to 2D, simply 3D. I found I need to add a delay between the right command and the OK command. When moving through the menu it presents a live preview on selection so probably requires a little processing time before it's ready to accept the OK. A 500ms delay step works well.

Here is the xml file for my LG TV (UB850V).

Thanks! Such a great plugin.

- Out of curiosity - I noticed this morning Extensions Manager is acting strange - your Core.dll wouldn't be the cause of this would it? When I open up the manager, I saw no entries in the installed plugins tab. After installing Auto3D - Auto3D is now the only displayed plugin?

I tried replacing the Core.dll with the original 1.10 (or at least I think it was the original file..) and I still have the same behavior so maybe it is a MePo issue and not an effect of your changes.

- Can I also quickly ask, what does the string compare key on ("3D SBS", "3DSBS" etc.)? The system file name which is being played or the movie name in the MovPics plugin etc.?

-----------------------
    @dyamant if you haven't been following, your TV is now supported, it's the same as mine.

Attachments

• LG.xml
      6.7 KB
    Last edited:

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Marcus, is frame packing an option already. I saw a windows 7 directx 11.1 update is available? You and tourettes were talking about it earlier in the tread.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @wouter1971 : I've implemented turning TV off for all other TVs (as far as it is supported). If the option is not supported by the selected TV, it will be displayed disabled. Frame Packing is no option yet, because it was not supported in Windows 7. Do you have any Information, that it is supported now? I will do a version without Core patch in the next days.

@TheBatfink : Thank you for the updated XML file. The Core.dll is the same as the original 1.10 Core. I made just a few changes for subtitles, but I will provide a version without patched core in the next days. The string compare works on the name I get from MediaPortal Player via the "PlayBackStarted" event. I've looked into the player code, there is the following line: "PlayBackStarted(_currentMedia, _currentFilePlaying)", so I assume it is the file name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom