Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (8 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    That's great :)
    I will really need you for madVR too lol. like you are a good dev and i'm not.
    Sorry to jump on this thread but it could be nice to have also a directshow async to avoid all kind of freeze when the graph is builded (but it will surely make a big task for it).
    I'm trying to fix left issue on madVR and not forget about bluray branch that works with BD-J too :p

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Auto3D v1.15.4.0 is attached below.
    The following features were added:
    • Support switching between two 3D movies of the same format without changing mode.
    • Fast detection of FHD 3D.
    What it means is that if you have only FHD 3D movies in your collection you should disable all video analysis options.
    In fact FHD3D format can easily be recognized without complex and often unreliable video frame analysis.
    That also means that 3D mode switch should happen much faster than when relying on frame analysis.

Attachments

• Auto3D-1-15-4-0.mpe1
      1.6 MB

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Auto3D v1.15.5.0 attached below.
    Designed to work better with StreamedMP and Moving Pictures which are not sending Playback Changed event but rather Playback Stopped before asking to resume video to where you left it last time. This is arguably an issue with Moving Pictures I guess.

Attachments

• Auto3D-1-15-5-0.mpe1
      1.6 MB

xfx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2011
    Santiago, Dominican Republic
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Please excuse me if this has been asked before (I couldn't find references though).
    Are there any plans to support Anaglyph conversion (similarly to how MP3D used to work)?

No such a plan from my part. Sounds interesting though. What's that MP3D thing? Another plugin?

Yes, MP3D is a (now discontinued) plugin for MP which allowed viewing 3D content without a 3D-ready TV (which is exactly my case):
    http://mp3d.codeplex.com/

Perhaps you could check the source code (and perhaps even "borrow" parts of it) to implement this functionality into Auto3D ;)

dagobert

Portal Member
    October 23, 2006
    Hi Stephane.

Some problems: have a fresh installed MP 1.15 with Auto3D v1.15.5.0. Following problem:
    - auto 3D switching is very laggy; sometimes works, sometimes not.
    - switching back does not work at all, except I close MP. This happens also in manual 3D mode!
    - TV switching is okay, no problems at all (LG 46LM670S)

Under previous installation (MP 1.14) I hadn't these issues.

Any suggestions? May be I can help to find the problem (logfile)?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any suggestions? May be I can help to find the problem (logfile)?

Try an earlier v1.15 version of the plugin and see if that works better for you.
    You can also provide logs using our watchdog with a description of your use case.

What kind of 3D format are you using? Half SBS? Full SBS? Something else?

switching back does not work at all, except I close MP. This happens also in manual 3D mode!

That should not be especially if that works when you close MP. Logs could help here.

auto 3D switching is very laggy; sometimes works, sometimes not.

Detection by frame analysis has always been somewhat laggy and unreliable for me.
    In later version of the plug-in I tackled that by using resolution checks but that only works for Full HD 3D resolutions not with Half HD.

Last edited:

dagobert

Portal Member
    October 23, 2006
    Sorry for late answer. Had some holiday. :)

Included a logfile:
    - start MP
    - start 3D SBS Movie
    - switched to 3D (auto), was really fast this time
    - stopped 3D Movie
    - did not switch off 3d!
    - stopped MP
    - 3D switched off while ending MP

Hope the log is helpful.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - stopped 3D Movie
    - did not switch off 3d!

I've changed that behavior in one of the lastest release.

Previously, Auto3D plug-in would try to go back to 2D as soon as no 3D content was playing and that would in some situations not work so well.
    For instance when switching from one 3D movie to another 3D movie it would try to go back to 2D and then to 3D again.
    More often than not it would try to execute the 3D switch macro before the 2D macro had time to complete leaving your TV in some undesired state.
    However depending on how you interact with your TV it could have worked quite well for you.

Now Auto3D only changes mode when it needs to. When you stop a 3D movie it does not need to switch back to 2D since MP1 UI will render just fine in 3D.
    If you start a 2D movie then it will switch back to 2D. Exiting MP1 will also cause a switch back to 2D as we assume your PC is not setup to render its UI in 3D.

Admittedly I hardly ever stop a movie myself, I usually just close MP, so that does not bother me. However if you want to stop a movie and start playing some music it's quite understandable that you would want to take off your 3D glasses without having to explicitly tell MP about it. Unfortunately I don't think I can reliably make the difference between when a film is stopped and when we switch between movies so I'm afraid I won't be able to improve on that behavior any time soon. Though I'll try to consider that use case next time I dive into that code.

As mentioned above some of the early version I published do not have that new behavior so you could try them and see if you find one that works for you. Beware though that I might not bother providing such version compatible with MP1.16 when it comes out.

Last edited:

dagobert

Portal Member
    October 23, 2006
    The problem is, I use many bluray images and play them with powerdvd. So this behavior is not optimal, as long my TV is recognising the native bluray 3D mode, but not the sbs. Avter every change of the format I have to adjust the 3D mode of the TV manually...
    The old mode was way better. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom