Avalon 0.9.7.0 Beta ***13-11-11*** for MP 1.2.x (Original Thread) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chluz

Portal Member
April 20, 2011
Take a look at this screenshot. It's also the standard avalon xml, but I think this one is from an older version, though on my HTPC I got the most up to date version and there is also the percentage visible.

View attachment 93500

Thanks for attaching the picture
I figured it out, For me it only shows percentage when in icon mode, and in that case it shows iit in the middle of the screen, towards the bottom.
I definitly think it's missing in list mode, and perhaps was removed from list mode some point after your screen shot was taken. What's certain is that I have never seen a percentage sign in the top left of my screen in list mode.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OnlineVids is not always sure what the overall size is, so it can not always display a percentage. In addition, it buffers usually 2% of the file or some time duration. You can tell it to start playing directly by pressing space (I think it was).

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011
    Thanks for your input.
    That might be true, but I still think there is an issue.
    When I try and run video A (say from watch series) in icon mode, before it launches the video it will show the percentage buffered. Once the percentage gets to 2%, it should launch the video. If it gets to 2% and doesn't launch, I then know its a dodgy link.
    When I try and run the same video A from the same place (same links and everything) in list mode, it will not show the percentage.

If it shows the percentage in icon mode it cannot be a question of it not being able to determine the whole size of the video. Also, I want to keep the 2% buffer, as that ensures smooth playback (no buffering whilst watching)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Does anyone know if its possible to display newsfeed icons any more?

bbcnews_50x50.gif
    SkyNews-logo.jpg

Im pretty sure it used to be possible in the display ticker, and there is an option in the infoservice config to add a url for an icon, but they dont seem to be shown anywhere:

13-08-23.jpg

TIA

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Avalon 0.9.7.0 Beta ***13-11-11*** for MP 1.2.x

LatestMediaHandler does support MyFilms. Is it already possible to use it in avalon? Avalonconfig doesn't seem to offer an option for myfilms latestmedia.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I think it's not yet supported by the MyFilms Plugin. Maybe you will have to wait for MyFilms 5.2.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Oh i'm running a custom svn build which should support that.

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My Avalon Basic Home Mod

My Avalon Basic Home Mod.
    I use this top menu with bleazlewide and thought I would try to incorporate it into Avalon's home page I like having the sub menus readily available.
    A little crowded but I think a home page should be just that all the info I want at my hand.
    I stole the fanart idea from cul8er thanks cul8er!

Loving every minute of this skin the skin rocks thanks to the crew! :D

Attachments

• Avalon Basic Home Rip.jpg
      Avalon Basic Home Rip.jpg
      313.7 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom