AverMedia RM-HV Remote Plugin (1 Viewer)

pantav

Portal Pro
January 5, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
This is a plugin for Mediaportal (compiled with VS2008 for 1.0.1) for the Remote sold with lastest Avermedia cards.

It works with the Avermedia RM-HV Remote, and I have installed Aver MediaCenter 1.7.3 and drivers version 1.59. If your drivers or application version is older maybe you are missing the AverRemote.exe service used by this program.

You can find a older version working (not for me) with AverTV 4.0 and 5.0, in this thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/avertv-remote-control-plugin-10426/

If your remote is not an AverRMHV, but you have a modern version of the Avermedia software, maybe it can works if you configure the keymap, reassigning the funcionality for the missing keys.

You don't need to execute AverQuick.exe.

You need to extract the contents of the release folder in c:/Program Files/Team Mediaportal/Mediaportal/, go to configure mediaportal, and save changes.

I can't support variants for this program, because the only machine is my tv/media center and i can't experiment with it (WAF factor).

Good luck.

Attachments

• AverRMHV.zip
    30.6 KB

rodor

Portal Member
June 18, 2008
Works great with media portal 1.1 alpha!!

I've changed the mapping for the play/pause button to
-play on all conditions
-pause on media playing

Do you think there is any way to make AverQuick launch MediaPortal instead of AverTV ??

Thank you for this great contribution!

pantav

Portal Pro
January 5, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Good to know it works for 1.1.

Maybe you can attach your changed xml, for another users. I am using also a modified and customized file (I use the timeshilf button for pause, because it is not needed in Mediportal), but i don't posted this file because it is more incompatible with older remote versions for AverMedia.

And yes, there is a way to map the power button to start Mediaportal, if you autostart Mediaportal with Windows (but it implies to reprogram the plugin). I am searching for a best method (maybe editing the registry?).

Maybe in the next version.

Milosh

May 4, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
RM-FP Remote

Hi,
your pluging look good, but my remote (RM-FP) isn't compatible. I think, that my remote control has different key codes. How can I find right codes?

Thank you

pantav

Portal Pro
January 5, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
The codes are translated by a Aver Service (AverRemote), so they are the sames for differents remote versions. Check if you have this service running.

This service is installed by a modern version of AverTv or Aver MediaCenter software. If it is available for your card you can try to install it. If not maybe the old plugin (linked in the first message of this thread) can help.

Sorry, I only have a Aver product and can't not test the behavior of another versions.

rodor

Portal Member
June 18, 2008
@pandav: it seems that if I press the same button many times very fast (eg, when scrolling for a movie),
it shows "my tv" or "my music" as if I pressed the tv or music button.
Maybe it does not translate the ir codes correctly. Do you think you can fix this ?

thnx again for this great plugin

Milosh

May 4, 2007
Home Country
The codes are translated by a Aver Service (AverRemote), so they are the sames for differents remote versions. Check if you have this service running.

This service is installed by a modern version of AverTv or Aver MediaCenter software. If it is available for your card you can try to install it. If not maybe the old plugin (linked in the first message of this thread) can help.

I have instaled new version. It is working and remote control is working in Aver media center. But it does not worknig in MediaPortal. Is there any chance to test it? Any way to read codes thay are sent by aver service?

Thanks

GBA

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
Hi

I also can confirm that the pluguin works with media portal 1.1 alpha but at the moment I install Aver MediaCenter I have problems with MP, the tuners and S3.

So, do you know if its possible only install the averremote service?

Thak you in advance

toty

November 28, 2008
Home Country
Hi,
it is possible send source code for REMOTESERVICELib.dll ? I have remote RM-KH and this has same another buttons. Then I remap my buttons, rename plugin and post here a new version. My remote is for hybrid card Aver 16D.
Please post your source code here or send it to my email (tomas@tyser.cz), when you didn't publish here...
Thanx a lot and nice work....

ToTy:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom