Bugs\Enhancements - StreamedMP (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ok, heres a weird one!
    I'm looking to go back to running vista x64. vista x64 installed on test partition with sp1 etc MP has installed fine with everything. Installed streamedmp - fanart oriented with moving pictures and tvseries. All is fine except I cannot run basichome, I use the basichome editor with some custom backdrops and it creates the xml successfully but when I start mediaportal I get a screen telling me basichome xml missing or invalid. This exact same basic home config works perfectly well in x86. weird one huh! any help would be appreciated please let me know what logs if any you need to see.
    many thanks settingsun

Must be some path difference between the different OS', right? As MediaStream uses an installer is this by any chance looking for a directory that's not available under vista x64?

Emph

settingsun

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    no, that was my first thought. the xml is there but streamedmp is just not seeing it. i've attached the xml if it's any help

e2a: I also cannot start the skin editor without error now!

Attachments

• Basichome.xml
      30.6 KB

settingsun

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    ok, have managed to sort it out. It was the labelling I think, I changed one label from Watch HD & HQ Movies (moving pictures plugin) to Watch HD Movies and managed to generate a working xml. Just about to spend the evening installing vista x64 and MediaPortal on my main partition freeing up my test partition for the upcoming windows7 beta program :)

Supreme

Portal Member
    December 22, 2008
    In the TV guide the times (hours) at the top aren't aligned correctly with the programmes. It's a bit annoying as when you quickly glance at the guide times dont seem to match up as they should!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The album cover retrieval for MyMusic is still buggy. Nobody else use this for their covers?
    Emph

Eeyore

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2006
    Newcastle, Australia
    Home Country
    how about a more appropriate homescreen background for My TV. Whilst I appreciate the hard disk internals, it is neither related to, or symbolic of My TV.

This is the only comment my wife has about the upgrade from MP 0.2.3.0 BlueTwoWide to MP1.0 StreamedMP.

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    how about a more appropriate homescreen background for My TV. Whilst I appreciate the hard disk internals, it is neither related to, or symbolic of My TV.

This is the only comment my wife has about the upgrade from MP 0.2.3.0 BlueTwoWide to MP1.0 StreamedMP.

Actually that's not a hard drive. It looks to me like a capstan roller for a video tape editing system transport. Which, I think, is quite as appropriate a background as a digital recording console for Music and a digital video switcher for Video.

I Imagine it's as easy to change the background for the main menu as it is for the Basic menu backgrounds.

All the main menu backgrounds are the "hover" images in the Streamed MP/Media folder. Just find your own images, sized to 1280x720, add a .bak to the original image name (so you can change it back) and name your image the exact same "hover" name as the original.
    It's a nice little personalization. Maybe use a photo of your family watching TV? Or anything at all.

And in the Basic menu animated backgrounds, you don't even have to rename the images if it's set to random in MP editor. Just add properly sized images. I use a large variety of FanArt and it makes an effective screen saver when listening to music.
    Have fun.
    Happy New Year:D

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Hmmm not sure if anyone posted this or not.

Firstly, when I hit the info button (F9) it continues to play the file in fullscreen, and pops up with the bar down the bottom with the file title, year, and has the 4 button menu's. These aren't meant to appear until I press left or right. It should display the plot first. I tried fixing it myself but I couldn't work it out. One of the visibility conditions is wrong?

<description>Plot</description>
    <type>textboxscrollup</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>690</posX>
    <posY>557</posY>
    <width>550</width>
    <height>96</height>
    <seperator>------------------------------------</seperator>
    <label>#Play.Current.Plot</label>
    <font>mediastream11</font>
    <visible>!control.hasfocus(218)+!control.hasfocus(219)+!control.hasfocus(220)+!control.hasfocus(221)+!control.isvisible(300)+!control.isvisible(301)+!control.isvisible(302)+!control.isvisible(303)+!control.isvisible(304)+!control.isvisible(305)+!player.rewinding+!player.forwarding</visible>
    </control>
    - <!-- :::::::::: MENU (BECOMES VISIBLE WHEN YOU PRESS AN ARROW KEY) ::::::::::
    -->

Sorry for no screen shots, but I believe I've described the problem well enough without the need for them.

Secondly, when pausing, the plot appears fine, but the file title often ran over into the plot, I did manage to fix that one quite easily.

Thirdly, My Movies plugin, when I go in to view my movies, often the posters are rendered in 2D and they're stretched vertically a fair bit. I have to click on a movie to go into the more details page, then back again to make it render them in 3D correctly.

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Any thoughts on the bugs I posted?

T-Buster

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    LDK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Found a small Bug in My Videos

When i try parse a Movie with the online DB (imdb/ofdb) and i
    get a list with possible matches and non of them match the Movie i try to parse,
    then there is no possibility to get the Keybord to add an other Name for that Movie manually.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom