CECRemote [0.9.7] (4 Viewers)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
In 1.15 Pre and 1.15 Final the "Use MediaPortal volume controls to adjust HDMI audio systems volume" setting does not work. It did work for me on 1.13 Final.

I'll look into this later this week.

Has something changed in the way MePo sends action messages in 1.15?
The plugin simply catches these:
Code:
MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Action.ActionType.ACTION_VOLUME_UP

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In 1.15 Pre and 1.15 Final the "Use MediaPortal volume controls to adjust HDMI audio systems volume" setting does not work. It did work for me on 1.13 Final.

I'll look into this later this week.

Has something changed in the way MePo sends action messages in 1.15?
    The plugin simply catches these:
    Code:
    MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Action.ActionType.ACTION_VOLUME_UP

Maybe https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4804 and the related MiniDisplay work has something to do with it? @Stéphane Lenclud ?

When MiniDisplay is enabled volume change and mute notifications are not coming through.
    As a result MP1 volume overlay is not displayed when system volume is adjusted.
    We also expect variours other volume related bugs to have the same root cause.

After investigation it appeared that our VolumeHandler was being implicitly created from the MiniDisplay thread instead of the MP1 main thread.

The proposed solution forces users to explicitly create our VolumeHandler.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Ministerk @Tuomaa
    It could be that those actions are not being sent anymore.
    In fact MP should not need to do anything in response to system volume change commands.
    The system adjusts the volume for us. What MP was doing was leading to double increment/decrement of volume.
    Though for your use case I guess it worked. What you could do is add those actions back using the HID custom mapping from configuration.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @Ministerk @Tuomaa
    It could be that those actions are not being sent anymore.
    In fact MP should not need to do anything in response to system volume change commands.
    The system adjusts the volume for us. What MP was doing was leading to double increment/decrement of volume.
    Though for your use case I guess it worked. What you could do is add those actions back using the HID custom mapping from configuration.

Thanks for the tip!

I added mute, decrement volume and increment volume actions under Consumer/ConsumerControl and it worked! (Although it was already mapped under WindowsMediaCenterRemoteControl/... ?)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyone using CEC Could also be interested in the following tool:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rp-display-manager.127180/page-4#post-1194024

While it was first implemented as a manager for internal display (VFD/LCD) it has now grown far beyond that and could be helpful to people wanting further automation support through CEC or Logitech Harmony. However I'm pretty sure it won't play nice when used together with CEC Remote since they will both fight for the CEC adapter I believe.
    It also does not support CEC Remote functionality as in controlling your PC through your TV remote.
    However it could help you do it the other way around: sending CEC user control command from the PC to your TV or any other CEC device.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is anyone using CEC with a recent GRUNDIG TV? Is it working?
    Pulse Eight support page is empty for GRUNDIG.

Also is anyone using it with a recent LG TV? Is the TV power off working over CEC?

I'm just being curious about the kind of CEC support those brands are providing.

Leon_Gjerland

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have done a brief test with an LG 49LH510V. I don't remember the details, but I was disappointed with this TV compared to Panasonic TX-55CXW404 where most of the keys works as expected. So with the LG I am still using my Logitech Harmony.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have done a brief test with an LG 49LH510V. I don't remember the details, but I was disappointed with this TV compared to Panasonic TX-55CXW404 where most of the keys works as expected. So with the LG I am still using my Logitech Harmony.

Ok, thanks, more than the remote keys I was hoping to get some feedback on the support for CEC power on/off features.
    Is your LG TV going in standby when Windows turns off the display much like a PC monitor would? What about your Panasonic?
    If that's the case then CEC standby/power is not needed I guess. My Philips does not go standby when Windows tells it to so it needs CEC standby/power feature instead.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    cecremote plugin 0.97 doesn't work with mp 1.16.0 release. please post a link to a working version. thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom