Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Rightio cheers buddy. We've been running the skybox as recording was virtually unusable but the sky box has started to artefact and struggle so it must be a LNB issue. Will get on to Sky and get them to sort it and report back when it's done... If this solves my issues we can delete all the posts about them :)

Chris

romadd64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Chris, could be that the dish has moved slightly, there was strong wind lately?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @romadd64

No, very unlikely. The initial signal strength is very solid on lock, but seems to degrade while the programs are on and we see artefacting during shows. It's a little less apparent when timeshifting from the Ram Drive, but via HDD becomes very noticeable. The main thing is the Sky box is also starting to exhibit these behaviours so that can actually rule out to a certain extent at this stage TSwriter.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do the sky plugins have hardcoded LNB settings or does it use the default MP ones set with the cards?

bubsy83

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2010
    Brecon
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    @romadd64

No, very unlikely. The initial signal strength is very solid on lock, but seems to degrade while the programs are on and we see artefacting during shows. It's a little less apparent when timeshifting from the Ram Drive, but via HDD becomes very noticeable. The main thing is the Sky box is also starting to exhibit these behaviours so that can actually rule out to a certain extent at this stage TSwriter.

I think there is a fault with the LNB, alignment or cable to your boxes.
    Make sure the satellite cable connectors are tight on your HTPC tv card and on the LNB as sometimes the ones on the LNB work lose due to the wind blowing the dish and cables.
    Either get Sky out to check your dish alignment or invest in one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Satellite-Finder-Signal-Meter-Patch/dp/B002R5UP1A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375287120&sr=8-1&keywords=satellite finder the signal finder is brilliant and simple to use.
    If it is aligned perfectly and you are still having problems then change the LNB.

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Probably a twin-head LNB failing Chris. This is not unusual for that LNB model.
    Yeah Sky pretty much confirmed it yesterday when I spoke to them, makes a lot of sense. I'm eager to get back to this as this makes MediaPortal THE perfect replacement for some very poor hardware by Sky, plus I can then link in with all the other cool goodies that MP provides :)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ DJBlu

Sorry to post again, it appears that when the grabber grabs it adds more and more of the FTA channels. I logged in to the server the other day and there was over 2000 channels in the channel list, of which there where at least 10 each of all the FTA/ Sky SD channels. It hadn't selected any more than the original ones I had selected but I was wondering if this is likely to be a bug, if so which logs would carry this issue?

Thanks,

Chris

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ DJBlu

Sorry to post again, it appears that when the grabber grabs it adds more and more of the FTA channels. I logged in to the server the other day and there was over 2000 channels in the channel list, of which there where at least 10 each of all the FTA/ Sky SD channels. It hadn't selected any more than the original ones I had selected but I was wondering if this is likely to be a bug, if so which logs would carry this issue?

Thanks,

Chris

This can be due to database corruption. When there is a channel that exists but has no tuning details it adds a new channel. I am looking into it as it shouldn't be happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom