Digital Devices: cascaded CAM support (2 Viewers)

mouse

Portal Member
April 15, 2010
Home Country
Italy Italy
I don't know if is possible to talk about...otherwise sorry in advance...I've may DD connected to my 2 smargo's. It works like a charm! I've only one problem I cannot watch a channel while recording another (I've mapped all the channels to the 2 tuners). I've to install the patch?

Darkroom

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    where is your problem?
    i use 4sat tuners with 2 CAMs and 2 cable with an other cam and it work well
    the only thing is the cam have to be able for work with MTD

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi and thank you again Winnie

:D
    We are certainly close now. Please try the attached version - this time decryption should succeed, but there seems to be something wrong with the CAM menu.

mm

This version indeed allowed me for the first time to map both CAM to both tuners. It however creates discontinuities in my timeshift stream :-(

It does so only on HD content, about in every 2-4th block of data as shown in -> Manual Control -> TS packets processed) but not on SD,

I attach logs, first SD is played fine, then HD (same channel, "DAS ERSTE" just HD). Both of them are FTA but the discontinuities with those DLLs are Independent of a channel being scrambled or not..

EDIT: It was not the DLLs creating the discontinuities but the TV card driver. After several tries of installing/uninstalling the driver all works fine now, except that within MePo Server Config the CI menu doesn't allow the CAMs to be accessed.

Will those changed DLLs be part of MePo 1.3?

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunatly it seems that those patches enabling DD cascaded CAM support have NOT gone into 1.2.3
    Maybe one of the Dev's / Testers can comment on this ? Is this planned?

@mm1352000: Can this issue / your fix be copied into mantis so we have a chance this gets properly included in 1.3.0 ?
    Could you also recompile on 1.2.3 for the time being please? This a couple of us would really appreciate :)

Last edited:

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

how does it look with a customized version for V1.2.3? Is there something, or is just something for V1.3.0 Alpha? It would be great to get again a sign of life that we know this goes on there.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi everyone

I'm sorry, but this feature is not included in 1.3a. We'll have to wait and see for MP 1.3b, rc etc...

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom