DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Maybe this is a dumb question: why can't you pass a URL like "udp://192.168.15.50:4477@233.10.12.1:7777" to the UDP layer?
    Because first IP address is not address of network interface, but it is source address. Anyway IP address of network interface can change, so it will be very inconvenient for end users.

I don't really understand. :(
    What can I do to investigate/solve the problem?
    Yes, it can be investigated, but you need to do some small changes in source code and try in your environment. Download latest filter source code (commited few minutes ago). Go to MPIPTV_RTSP.cpp file, OpenConnection() method, line 482 (it should be):
    Code:
    this->rtspUdpSink = BasicUDPSink::createNew(*this->rtspEnvironment, this->rtspUdpGroupsock, this->rtspUdpSinkMaxPayloadSize);
    Replace it with this
    Code:
    //this->rtspUdpSink = BasicUDPSink::createNew(*this->rtspEnvironment, this->rtspUdpGroupsock, this->rtspUdpSinkMaxPayloadSize);
    this->rtspUdpSink = FileSink::createNew(*this->rtspEnvironment, _T("C:\\temp_rtsp.dat"));
    Replace output file name with your own and add also FileSink.hh to include section. Compile and try it. If RTSP connection will be working, then you have some output in output file.

Wal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for this extension, it works perfectly with Tvheadend as LiveTV source.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, it can be investigated...
    Sorry for the slow response. We had some issues with the test environment => had to be reloaded.

I've now performed the test... and the size of the output file remains at 0 KB... however I can see the stream running in Wireshark, so I don't understand what is wrong. :(

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I think that you have firewall problem. Try to enable firewall and allow all connections to TV server (TCP, UDP, incoming, outgoing, all ports). Also check, if you don't have another firewall/antivirus solution (e.g. Microsoft Security Essentials). And if possible, try to play that RTSP stream with another player (VLC should work).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think that you have firewall problem. Try to enable firewall and allow all connections to TV server (TCP, UDP, incoming, outgoing, all ports).
    To me it makes no sense that the firewall would block even when it is disabled, but I tried it anyway. :)
    It didn't solve the problem.

Also check, if you don't have another firewall/antivirus solution (e.g. Microsoft Security Essentials).
    The VM is an absolutely clean version of W7 64 bit. No other third party software except tuner drivers and app (which can successfully receive from the tuner) and modified version of MP's TV Server based on MP 1.3.0 final. Even MS SE is not installed.

And if possible, try to play that RTSP stream with another player (VLC should work).
    As mentioned above, the HDHomeRun software is successfully receiving the stream.
    I will also try with VLC and report the result.
    Please let me know if you have time to help and log in via RDP - I can PM you with the details and we can try to debug together... but only if you have time and only if you want. :)

Thank you!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again georgius

After much "digging" I found the cause of the problem! :)
    It is in the RTP source in Live555 - MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp.
    Code:
    	// Check the Payload Type.
    	if ((unsigned char)((rtpHdr&0x007F0000)>>16)
    	!= source->rtpPayloadFormat()) {
    	  break;
    	}

The incoming RTP packets from the tuner have payload format 33 (MP2T MPEG transport stream).
    The original SDP session description in the RTSP DESCRIBE response is:
    RTSP/1.0 200 OK
    SERVER: HDHomeRun/1.0
    CSeq: 2
    Content-Type: application/sdp
    Content-Length: 89

v=0
    t=0 0
    a=type:broadcast
    a=recvonly
    m=video 0 RTP/AVP 96
    a=rtpmap:96 MP2T/27000000

As you can see, they are specifying one RTP stream "video" with dynamic payload format that is MP2T.
    But still, the actual RTP packets should have payload format 96, not 33.

So this device seems to be non-compliant for RTSP/RTP.
    The manufacturers will investigate whether it is possible to fix the problem from their side.
    I wonder whether we can find a workaround without changing live555.

Any comments would be welcome! :)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Great that you identified problem. I'm working on complete new implementation of RTSP with libcurl (and also all other protocols - in future), but there is very slow progress.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

for a TV client development testing server I try to set this up with one or two web streams so I can test and develop outside my home.
    I made a short play list like this:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,TV Oost Live
    C:|interface=Ethernet 2|url=mms://media.rtvoost.nl/TVOost
    #EXTINF:1,RTL Z
    C:|interface=Ethernet 2|url=http://rtlztv.rtl.nl/rtlzbroad?MSWMExt=.asf
    #EXTINF:2,NPO Nederland 1
    C:|interface=Ethernet 2|url=http://livestreams.omroep.nl/npo/ned1-nl
    #EXTINF:3,TV Gelderland
    C:|interface=Ethernet 2|url=http://ms.stream.garnierprojects.com/tvgelderland?MSWMExt=.asf

All URL's run fine from the browser, I have two adapters but I see in the log it is using the external one.

I just can get any channel to be scanned.
    I installed a clean TV server and client version 1.3.0 on win 8
    I replaced the contents of the zip file from your first post in the tv server folder and restarted the tv service.

I scan my channels and all give no signal.
    I attached the log with verbose 4 setting.

I hope someone can help me or give me any web stream adres playlist that works, I do not really care about what channel I get as long as I can get a stream and EPG data.

Did I need to install something else?

Attachments

• MPIPTVSource.zip
      37.5 KB

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi,

for a TV client development testing server I try to set this up with one or two web streams so I can test and develop outside my home.
    I made a short play list like this:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,TV Oost Live
    C:|interface=Ethernet 2|url=mms://media.rtvoost.nl/TVOost
    #EXTINF:1,RTL Z
    C:|interface=Ethernet 2|url=http://rtlztv.rtl.nl/rtlzbroad?MSWMExt=.asf
    #EXTINF:2,NPO Nederland 1
    C:|interface=Ethernet 2|url=http://livestreams.omroep.nl/npo/ned1-nl
    #EXTINF:3,TV Gelderland
    C:|interface=Ethernet 2|url=http://ms.stream.garnierprojects.com/tvgelderland?MSWMExt=.asf

All URL's run fine from the browser, I have two adapters but I see in the log it is using the external one.

I just can get any channel to be scanned.
    I installed a clean TV server and client version 1.3.0 on win 8
    I replaced the contents of the zip file from your first post in the tv server folder and restarted the tv service.

I scan my channels and all give no signal.
    I attached the log with verbose 4 setting.

I hope someone can help me or give me any web stream adres playlist that works, I do not really care about what channel I get as long as I can get a stream and EPG data.

Did I need to install something else?
    As I see, in first URL is unsupported protocol (mms), supported are only UDP, RTP, HTTP and RTSP. All other URLs are to ASX files, which are not playable. Only MPEG2 Transport Stream sources can be played.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thanks for the quick reply.
    Does anyone know a public available http stream that does send a supported MPEG2 stream?
    Would be nice if it is an actuall channel so I can setup EPG grabbing for it also (although I can grab any channels EPG for my test purpose I guess)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom