DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Dennis84

21-07-2013 11:49:52.859 [ 7b8] [{6338A34C-0495-488B-B306-58FEFC5C70FF}] [Info] MPIPTVSourceStream: Run(): result: FFFFFFFE

This means no data is received. It happens when you're trying to receive from udp://@224.1.3.1:12110.
    I would suggest to confirm you are using the correct network adapter, and also check firewalls to confirm the TV service has full access to the network.

mm

Dennis84

February 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It looks like it's indeed the firewall. I thought I disabled it already, but it wasn't. Now I have disabled it and it works. Thanks for the help :D

TOMillr

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2011
    Is it possible to add m3u playlists or rtmp feeds to MP with this source filter? My m3u file would look somewhat like this:

Code:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXT-X-VERSION:3
    #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=1245201,CODECS="avc1.66.30, mp4a.40.2",RESOLUTION=1024x576
    chunklist.m3u8?lp=abcdefgkey=abcdefg

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Is it possible to add m3u playlists or rtmp feeds to MP with this source filter? My m3u file would look somewhat like this:

Code:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXT-X-VERSION:3
    #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=1245201,CODECS="avc1.66.30, mp4a.40.2",RESOLUTION=1024x576
    chunklist.m3u8?lp=abcdefgkey=abcdefg
    RTMP streams can't be added - it needs on-the-fly encoding to MPEG2 TS format. This piece of m3u playlist seems to be Apple streaming format, but unfortunately I don't have time to implement it.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    If there is somebody with appropriate knowledge, he/she can try to implement. I'm working on new filter version, but I see it as few moths work.

TOMillr

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2011
    Wouldn't it be possible to port the required part from the IPTVSimple plugin (GitHub) over to MediaPortal instead of starting from scratch?

Subigo

Portal Member
    November 6, 2008
    Just had a pretty painful experience with MP 1.4 and DVB-IP (the standard one included with MP). Everything seemed to work but i would have weird issues when selecting channels. Sometimes i could but most of the times the channels would not work properly. Also scanning an M3U files was really weird, often a lot of channels would not work and if I made a separate M3U with just 2 channels in there it would work.

Anyway, just found this post and installed the patch, have to say that scanning works a lot better now, all channels found and also a bit faster I think.
    I will check out how it performs in Mediaportal and let you know.
    Thanks a LOT for all your hard work. !!

Subigo

Portal Member
    November 6, 2008
    Georgius,

I am running in to the following problem with a clean 1.4 install with the patches from this thread.
    I have 3 DVB-IP cards configured and mapped all channels to all 3 cards. When I schedule recordings I don't get a warning of a conflict if I schedule too many recordings. Also, I noticed that 1 recording went to "C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV" and the other 2 went to "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings". I checked the folders in config and they where all set to "C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV" for all cards. I clicked the same folder for all cards button and ill check again and see what it does now.

Regards,

Subi.

Subigo

Portal Member
    November 6, 2008
    Recording folders works now.
    2 problems remain;
    1 ) I don't get a conflict warning when scheduling too many recordings at the same time.​
    2 ) If I record 2 programs that are back to back I need 2 free cards to record the overlap. Shouldn't it be possible to use only 1 card for both programs since they are on the same stream ?​
    Thanks for the awesome work !

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom