EventGhostPlus (3 Viewers)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys,
    I just updated to 1.6 and noticed that egp won't work after that. So I got the patched exe from here and put it in the install dir. but egp will still be listed as incompatible and no inputs from eg will get into mp.
    Could someone please give me a hint what I did wrong? Feeling kinda braindead here atm... :)

[Edit] Solved it. Looks like may brain came back to live... It seems that I had recovered an older version (1.1.3.2 I guess) of the plugin from a backup. Extension Installer showed me that egp was up-to-date though. After manual install everything is fine...

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Steve, just a quick response/comment to let you know I haven't forgotten about this thread...
    I'm really low on time at the moment - about to move, at the serious end of an 12 month project at work, and about to go away on business for the next week - so I'm not able to assist immediately.
    I did want to say:
    Can you help me set it up so that I use event ghost for the receiver side of the USB-UIRT and control the blasting of perpherials, but use IRSS for handling the STB through media portal?

This being possible relies on the USB UIRT driver. Having never owned or researched a USB-UIRT, I'm not able to say whether this will be possible. When I have time we can try it... but mainly what I'm committing to is assisting with IRSS blaster configuration.

mm

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also good old Message Plugin is working again.
    Thanks a lot Sebastii !
    Hi all

I want/need to upgrade to 1.6 from a working 1.3. I use message plugin.

Can some list the steps I should take to upgrade and have a working eventghost/message plugin:
    1. Upgrade to 1.6 as per instructions on the post
    2. download the .exe in zip file - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/eventghostplus.113463/page-19#post-1051142
    3. run zip file
    4. "old version of message plugin" should then work as before

?? thanks in advance anyone

Neville

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Should work like that... Just try but make sure you backup the original mediaportal.exe. So you can go back if it doesn't work.
    I would advice to go with EventghostPlus though... Afaik the message plugin isn't maintained any more. With egp on the other hand you will get an evovling solution with lot more possibilites and amazing devs helping out with your needs...

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Should work like that... Just try but make sure you backup the original mediaportal.exe. So you can go back if it doesn't work.
    I would advice to go with EventghostPlus though... Afaik the message plugin isn't maintained any more. With egp on the other hand you will get an evovling solution with lot more possibilites and amazing devs helping out with your needs...
    Great thanks
    Done. After not reading the instructions, failing then reading the instructions all working. Thanks for all the help in the previous pages
    Neville

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom