Existing folder.jpg not shown (1 Viewer)

me1

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have a lot of folders where the existing folder.jpg gets not shown as cover art.
In some folder it gets shown.
I can not see a difference, both types are "folder.jpg", marked as system.

Where i am wrong?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    What do you mean by "not shown"?
    When you have set the option that an existing folder.jpg should be used as cover art AND you retrieve the cover art, then and ONLY then it'll be taken.

me1

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just browse through music folders without doing anything else. For some folders a cover art is shown, for some not.

I have set that option in settings, but i thought while browsing it does not do anything...

I thought that an existing folder.jpg is used and shown as cover art...

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ah ok. you mean the picture, which is shown on the right side.
    I'm not showing folder.jpg here.
    I'm showing the picture of the file itself.
    If no Pic is included in the file itself, then nothing is shown.

So, if you are sure you have a folder.jpg you can import that into the file itself.

me1

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok, understood...
    That brings me to another question: has the picture in a mp3 file and the folder.jpg the same size/resolution? If not, do you put an "bad" folder.jpg into the folder or do you download different jpgs - one for the mp3´s and one as folder.jpg?
    I also have folders with folder.jpg, AlbumArt.jpg, AlbumArtSmall.jpg. Do you use any of this?

Thanks in advance for answering...

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i'm only looking at folder.jpg. nothng else.
    if it exists, i'm done, regardless if a stored picture in a mp3 would have a higher resolution.

if it doesn't exist and he option in the settings has been checked, then i will extract the first picure found in the selected files and store it as folder.jpg

don't care about the WMP spam (AlbumArt*.jpg). :))

Users who are viewing this thread