External HDD problem (1 Viewer)

kal-el

July 4, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am having a problem with Media portal recognizing my external HDD. Media Portal won't read or play or show any files on my external HDD. Is anyone else having this problem?

yatesd

Portal Pro
April 30, 2007
No, I have 4 external HDD's connected via USB without any problems.

Whish OS are you using and do they appear in the normal Explorer window?

kal-el

July 4, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm using windows XP and it does appear in the normal window but Media Portal just will not display anything on the drive. Should I install it on the external drive?

yatesd

Portal Pro
April 30, 2007
Sorry, I am a little confused what files do you have on the Ext HDD and how are you trying to access them - which plugin/sw?

I keep Music, Films and TV Series on my files and access them through MediaPortal using MyMusic, MyFilms (plugin) and MyTvSeries (plugin) respectively. Obviously I have to point the SW via the MediaPortal configuration tool to the HDD's.

As for installing MP on the HDD's I would say that this is not advisable and is certainly not necessary.

MyPVR

Portal Pro
September 22, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Kal-el, have you got already added the drive via setup to your "movie folders" and "music folders"?

SDBerndt

August 10, 2006
I am having the same problem. I have two usb hard dirives and am only having this problem with the WD My Book drive. It shows to set them up in MP config but when I open MP they aren't there. The other drive is a WD Elements and it works fine. Drives me crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread