Fanart suddenly crashing Mediaportal April 2024 (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had a similar issue like this that plagued me on one of my MP installs for about 4 or 5 months. Mediaportal would crash after about 20 minutes into a playlist. I finally had a thought that my screensaver was set to the same time and disabling it cured my problem. I'm pretty sure that in the past, the screensaver wouldn't engage while music was playing, and never crashed. My problem is probably different than yours but on the off chance it might help you, I thought I would mention it. It took me a long time to narrow this down because the only error I received had me suspecting the database.
    [2024-03-08 10:49:45,618] [Log ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Error processing media file Exception: An item with the same key has already been added. Callstack: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at MediaInfo.Builder.GeneralTagBuilder`1.Build() at MediaInfo.Builder.AudioTagBuilder.Build() at MediaInfo.MediaInfoWrapper.ParseMedia(MediaInfo mediaInfo) at MediaInfo.MediaInfoWrapper.ParseMedia(String filePath, String pathToDll) at MediaInfo.MediaInfoWrapper..ctor(String filePath, String pathToDll, ILogger logger) [2024-03-08 10:49:45,639] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - BASS: Unable to start Mixer. Reason: BASS_ERROR_START. [2024-03-08 10:49:45,640] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - BASS: Could not create Mixer. Aborting playback. [2024-03-08 10:49:45,642] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - \\cloudex21\public\music\Ray LaMontagne\Till the Sun Turns Black\05 - Can I Stay.mp3 - skipping track!

TeMorituri

Portal Member
    April 19, 2009
    Sorry for not replying sooner but work is getting in the way - the issue is repeatable crashing after about 5 songs with Fanart but then I went to create a log to send and post and it would not relaunch Mediaportal 1.33.

I then noticed to my dismay that using the skin : PureVisionHD (1080) - Moving Pictures and MPTVseries no longer appear in my plug ins and do NOT appear in my MediaPortal Extension Manager even though they are installed .

I think I will do a complete uninstall then a clean reinstall Mediaportal 1.33 ( x64) and report back

many thanks for help so far

TeMorituri

Portal Member
    April 19, 2009
    Ok ..
    Thanks for the suggestion about the screensaver..i went and deliberately unticked the screensaver on a fresh install ( no joy ..same issue ) and the issue within 40 seconds now

so I did a full Mediaportal uninstall and then clean install x64 Mediaportal 1.30 and clean rebuild of databases.....still having this issue and I think it is the Fanart that is causing the crash: I am trying to play music soundtracks where I have specifically added images to go with the TV series or movie sound track ( for example the Ahsoka TV series soundtrack with artwork to go alongside )

My regex is : <entry name="MusicFoldersArtistAlbumRegex">\\(?&lt;artist&gt;[^\\]+?)\\(?&lt;album&gt;[^\\]+?)\\[^\\]+?\..+?$</entry>

and the music fanart config is set see images below :

I still cannot see what I have done wrong

Music fanart 5 May 2024.jpg

Attachments

• MP_Logs_HTPC_24_05_05_09_13.zip
      983.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom