Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (3 Viewers)

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    VICTORY!!!! I have sound!!! Now on to setting up my USB IRT. Is there a thread where people post their USB IRT config files? Similar to how Sage use to do. ISS doesn't have my stb listed? Or do I have to learn each number individually? If so, how?

Also, do I need to combine my channels, I have two HDPVRs and 1 colossus? I am using schedule direct for my EPG data.[DOUBLEPOST=1371821687][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks again for the help, I am almost there and completely free of DVBLink, which will make the wife extremely happy. :)

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    VICTORY!!!! I have sound!!!
    Perhaps you can share what you did?
    Also, do I need to combine my channels, I have two HDPVRs and 1 colossus? I am using schedule direct for my EPG data.
    We discussed this a while back in this thread, and sadly, I remember getting stumped on this exact question (combining channels with a Colossus and HD-PVR). Maybe @mm1352000 can offer some insight.

Meanwhile, this thread is raging out of control. Perhaps one of the mods (@kiwijunglist, @polarie, @paranoid-delusion, etc.) can make a seperate sub-forum for HD-PVR/Colossus/HD-PVR2 in an appropriate location, and throw this thread in there and lock it?

Sasha

Last edited:

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    VICTORY!!!! I have sound!!!
    Perhaps you can share what you did?
    Also, do I need to combine my channels, I have two HDPVRs and 1 colossus? I am using schedule direct for my EPG data.
    We discussed this a while back in this thread, and sadly, I remember getting stumped on this exact question (combining channels with a Colossus and HD-PVR). Maybe @mm1352000 can offer some insight.

Meanwhile, this thread is raging out of control. Perhaps one of the mods (@kiwijunglist, @polarie, @paranoid-delusion, etc.) can make a seperate sub-forum for HD-PVR/Colossus/HD-PVR2 in an appropriate location, and throw this thread in there and lock it?

Sasha

Gladly,

1. Went to sqlcmd and ran it in admin mode, not sure it was necessary.
    2. At the password prompt, I entered MediaPortal and hit enter.
    3. Entered use MpTvDb; and hit enter.
    4. Copied and pasted the following:

Code:
    UPDATE TuningDetail SET videoSource = 10, audioSource = 5
    WHERE idChannel IN (
    	SELECT Channel.idChannel
    	FROM Channel INNER JOIN ChannelMap
    	ON Channel.idChannel = ChannelMap.idChannel
    	WHERE (((ChannelMap.idCard)=3))
    );

Now I have sound but I noticed another anomaly, when tuning using the internal blaster on one of my HDPVRs, it worked flawlessly but the second time I used it, it blasted the correct stb (I can see the box flash) but it streamed from a different box.

Do I have to map the blaster to a certain stb? Is that even possible?

I agree with Sasha, the enormity of this thread is mind-boggling to a newbie.

Edit: Will USB irt codes work that I used for SageTV? See attachment.

Attachments

• MotorolaVIP1200 (All Zones).zip
      2.8 KB
    Last edited:

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok, I think I finally got my blasting setup correctly thanks to the folks at IRSS, since they added my stb to the auto config. However, I just noticed that my guide data is not showing in numerical order? :(

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    ok, I figured out how to set my epg to numerical order it is a check bock under SD, why this is not set as default is beyond me.

Now I have another problem that I need some help with. When I select a channel number via my keyboard it gives me a completely different channel for example if I select 108 it gives me something like 368. However, if I select the channel from the epg guide, it goes to the correct channel.

If anyone is reading this, I really could use some help! Thanks in advance....

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

If you're using the same inputs on both then it is possible.
    When I say inputs I mean the MP inputs - ie. YRYBY #1 or whatever - not just in physical terms.
    This is a general limitation with all channels received via capture inputs in MP.
    So, for the specific example of the Colossus and HD-PVR, it would work if you use the component video input (red, green and blue, YRYBY #1) with stereo (RCA) audio (red and white, Line #1).
    S/PDIF audio is a problem because the Colossus S/PDIF input is #2 and the HD-PVR is #1.
    Likewise, it would be a problem if you're wanting to use the HDMI input on the Colossus.

I haven't heard this for sure but I recall reading that somebody got channel sharing with unmatched inputs to work by fiddling with the XML files in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\AnalogCard\. I can't confirm, but if you want to try it then I'm happy to try and assist. The strategy depends on what inputs you want to use on the Colossus and HD-PVR, so please post these details first so I can think about it.

Meanwhile, this thread is raging out of control.
    The idea of the thread is to have all the useful info in the first post and be a single port-of-call if you need help. It would not be recommended to attempt to read the whole thread. With that in mind, is there information that you think would be useful to have in the first post? I note that it would be awesome if somebody could write a guide for the wiki. I don't have either a Colossus or HD-PVR and I've never used blasters so I feel I'm not the right person to do that.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Now I have another problem that I need some help with. When I select a channel number via my keyboard it gives me a completely different channel for example if I select 108 it gives me something like 368. However, if I select the channel from the epg guide, it goes to the correct channel.

Untick "select channels by index (non-US)" here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country

If you're using the same inputs on both then it is possible.
    When I say inputs I mean the MP inputs - ie. YRYBY #1 or whatever - not just in physical terms.
    This is a general limitation with all channels received via capture inputs in MP.
    So, for the specific example of the Colossus and HD-PVR, it would work if you use the component video input (red, green and blue, YRYBY #1) with stereo (RCA) audio (red and white, Line #1).
    S/PDIF audio is a problem because the Colossus S/PDIF input is #2 and the HD-PVR is #1.
    Likewise, it would be a problem if you're wanting to use the HDMI input on the Colossus.

I haven't heard this for sure but I recall reading that somebody got channel sharing with unmatched inputs to work by fiddling with the XML files in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\AnalogCard\. I can't confirm, but if you want to try it then I'm happy to try and assist. The strategy depends on what inputs you want to use on the Colossus and HD-PVR, so please post these details first so I can think about it.

Meanwhile, this thread is raging out of control.
    The idea of the thread is to have all the useful info in the first post and be a single port-of-call if you need help. It would not be recommended to attempt to read the whole thread. With that in mind, is there information that you think would be useful to have in the first post? I note that it would be awesome if somebody could write a guide for the wiki. I don't have either a Colossus or HD-PVR and I've never used blasters so I feel I'm not the right person to do that.

I am using the same inputs on all 3 capture cards but I don't see how to combine them? Is it done via an xml edit?[DOUBLEPOST=1371859952][/DOUBLEPOST]

Untick "select channels by index (non-US)" here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV

Ok, I will give this a try, thanks!

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom