How to keep my record request after PC reboot? (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I have seen many "service failed to start due to the following error: %%1053"" in your event log regards another services so it seems you have a general issue in your PC.

helen

Portal Member
    July 6, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It is quite an old PC now so when I can afford to get a new one that may fix it. Until then I'll be aware of this limitation and work around it. Many thanks for your help :)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    As a workaround you can set the services to restart if the fail... just properties on the service, recovery tab and select "restart the service".
    You may have to do that on multiple services (the once that are failing) and also the tvservice.
    This is not a solution, this is a workaround.

helen

Portal Member
    July 6, 2014
    Home Country
    "Properties on the service" obviously means Right Click and select Properties but what exactly do I Right Click on?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    there are a lot of external services that are trying to start on boot: FreeMake Improver, NPVR, O&O Defrag, Autodesk Content service, SBSD Security service, Google update service, NVidia update service, Windows defender service, Adobe flash player update service, Windows media center scheduler service, KMSELDI/AutoKMS (i assume crack for MS Office or WIndows activation service), etc. Seems you have pretty trashed windows installation. At least NPVR + WMC scheduler and SBSD+WinDefender service combinations can be very incompatible and generate hard-to-track problems...

helen

Portal Member
    July 6, 2014
    Home Country
    Yes, I really need to reinstall Windows as I've messed around with this installation for a few years now and now it takes a long time to boot up and power down. But it works - eventually - and reformatting and reinstalling is a real pain that I dread each time I do it so until I can get a job and afford to get a new PC I'll hobble along with what I've got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom