HVR - 2200 Support (1 Viewer)

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm running XP. Which driver are you using? My tuner only finds 4 out of the 32 channels somehow. Signal strength is perfect and image quality to!

galeap

Portal Member
June 1, 2008
Home Country
I'm running XP. Which driver are you using? My tuner only finds 4 out of the 32 channels somehow. Signal strength is perfect and image quality to!

Bram,

I'm using the drivers as shown in the link in my earlier post in this thread. I'm running Vista so I don't know if this is what is making the differences.

Pete

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've installed the same drivers you're using. They are for XP-MCE and Vista. But the results are the same.

The first picture I've attached shows the TV (from TVserver) tuned in on BBC1 by default. So I haven't switched any channel yet. Just started up MP and the BBC1 channel is selected because that was the last channel I used when I last closed MP. This is what all the other channels look like, no matter what I do. Frequencies are al configured correctly.

The second picture show the same channel, but after I switched to a random other channel (which will only be showing a blue screen) and switched back to BBC1. Now the channel DOES play correctly. But this is ONLY working for BBC1. I haven't tried all channels, but the six I did try this with didn't start playing. The screen stays blue. I can't see the logic in this.....

Attachments

• mp_hvr2200_init.jpg
    mp_hvr2200_init.jpg
    29.9 KB
  • mp_hvr2200_switchedChannel.jpg
    mp_hvr2200_switchedChannel.jpg
    32.9 KB

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yea, I've also been seeing this blue screen, I'll try to look a little closer at it soon and provide logs too.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is where the differences between systems and OS will start showing it's ugly head.

I'm running XP Pro SP3, and I have a HVR2200 + PVR500MCE in my system. Sofar no glitches on the HVR2200.
    I guess my software/hardware combination is a working one.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Bram: can you delete all your tvserver logs, just before you preview a channel to produce the blue screen then immediately zip and attach your logs.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Bram,

The WinTV app uses build-in codecs etc specially designed to work with Hauppuage hardware, so this will always work.

MP is using external codecs, codecs installed on your system.

I guess that this is where it goes wrong on your system, you may have a damaged codec on your system or a software conflict.

Have you run the merrits program to do a diagnostics on your codecs?

wyldcyde

June 13, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi

having same issues as others on the thread in regards getting analog+svideo going.
    dvb is fine, i can timeshift, record etc etc.

just to clarify... there is a chance i can get analog working if i install latest svn then i copy tsreader file from previous svn? does it have to be previous svn or just the original media portal install?

i'm trying to get svideo working that way i can send sky to svideo.

actually judging by dates of these posts, i install svn 19311 but use the tsreader from svn 19228 ?

EDIT: installing 19311 and copying tsreader has allowed me to scan analog channels properly for the first time, yay.

EDIT2: channels all scanned in but when i preview screen is blank with no sound :(

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    wyldcyde: Welecom!
    HVR-2200 digital and analog side working for me with latest SVN. Can you delete all your tvserver logs, just before you preview a channel then immediately zip and attach your logs. This will give us a good idea where it might be failing.

Users who are viewing this thread