Kernel Security Check Failure when scanning for channels (2 Viewers)

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
July 22, 2011
Hi,
From the Asus motherboard site. The intel update utility gave me no update options. I also found a link to latest Series 9 Intel Chipset software, Released in March. Same problem. I currently have it plugged in to a USB 2.0 header port on the motherboard. I looked in the manual just then and its definitely USB 2.0 if you connect via usb bracket on the headers. Also, there are a couple of black USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard connector panel but same issue. I need to work out how to make it think it is USB 2.0

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh, and do you have the Asus USB boost software installed, or anything else nasty like that?

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Here is the error when I go to troubleshoot the device in devices and printers. (it is plugged in a USB 2.0 port)

USB3.png

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Probably an active USB 2.0 Hub can help here. By the way, I have an Asrock mainboard with the same chipset (Intel H97) and did not have such USB issues. So I suspect it to be more an Asus than a chipset issue.

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Hi, yes the Asus usb boost is installed. Should I remove it. Also in bios it is set to legacy USB enabled and Intel xhci mode smart auto and exhi hand off disabled it that helps.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, yes the Asus usb boost is installed. Should I remove it.
    I'd try it, yes.
    ...and I'd try the USB driver I linked if you think it is the right one for your mobo. I note that I'm surprised there's no USB driver on Asus' support page for your mobo.

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Yeah, The USB driver was yellow question mark in device driver when I was installing drivers from new. After about 5 mins I think it got some from online automatically. I tried the one in the link but it says my system does not meet the requirements. I noticed that it was for windows 7 or Server 2008. Do you have the link for 8.1? I will remove boost software, reboot and try again in the meantime.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you have the link for 8.1?
    No, that's the only one I can find on Intel's website. Their driver search is not exactly intuitive though, so I may have missed it. I'll keep looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom