[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 (ALPHA) and MediaPortal 2 (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    BigSandy
    Did you had MS SQL installed before (and uninstalled it before installing 1.1.0 ALPHA)?
    Because if you did, then you have not deleted the old installation directory of MS SQL, and the leftovers will cause that the installation fails.

If this is not the case, then please use MySQL for the meantime and i will test this again during the ext says here.
    Installing MS SQL 2005 worked nicely here last week with a pre-build.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    today i saw some videos of the meedios alpha and i have to admit that it looks sexy as hell and i'm really impressed.
    Medioos TV Shows
    Meedios Movies
    Meedios Music

i hope mp2 will look as nice as meedios does in those preview videos. Go Go Go ;-)

looks very nice indeed !!

either they are using a super computer, or its incredible the code work as it is amazing how they move through menus with fanart, covers, info loading. or maybe its just very good video editing and fastforward :p

nevertheless, very attractive design for sure !

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Devs!

The future of MediaPortal 2
    There is still a lot that needs to be done until MediaPortal 2 is in a condition to replace MediaPortal 1. Our developers currently estimate that this will take about one more year of development. To give you guys out there a first impression of MediaPortal 2 we will soon start to release public test versions so that you can actively monitor the development process or even be a part of it. ;)

Any news about MediaPortal 2 and the public test versions?

Best regards

Helios

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any news about MediaPortal 2 and the public test versions?

Best regards

Helios

Hi Helios!
    There aren't any public test versions yet, because we're still busy with developing the infrastructure. At the moment, we're developing the client/server-communication and UPnP subsystem. Once the infrastructure is ready and client and server are able to communicate with each other, we'll focus on the UI modules (like music, movies, pictures, TV etc.). Then it will make sense to create public testing versions.

Currently, the only way to see the current status is to download the SVN and build MP-II yourself....

Cheers,
    Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom