[News] MediaPortal 1.33 Pre-Release with new x64 version ready for testing (2 Viewers)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If I remember correctly, there was certain issue in 1.32 while uninstalling the TV Server.
    If the DeployTool can't find the TV server uninstall execution file, then the DeployTool deletes the TV server section in the uninstall registry - and this failed because of a bug in the code.
    I have dedicated clients and a dedicated TVServer. Shouldn't have had a problem regarding TVServer. Could it be an issue with client as well?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Did you try to install MP 1.33 PreRelease?
    That's what started it all. 1.33 PreRelease wouldn't open the Deploy Tool after the files unpacked. I already had 1.32 PreRelease installed and working perfectly (for my needs). Now, after all the testing to get error messages, 1.32 Pre doesn't install anymore (stops during deploy with the can not register key error)

(here are the errors in Event Viewer)
    Application: MediaPortal.DeployTool.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowUnauthorizedAccessException(System.ExceptionResource) at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.EnsureWriteable() at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(System.String, System.Object, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind) at MediaPortal.DeployTool.Utils.FixMediaPortal64RegistryPath(System.String) at MediaPortal.DeployTool.Utils.FixMediaPortal64RegistryPath() at MediaPortal.DeployTool.DeployTool..ctor() at MediaPortal.DeployTool.Program.Main()

MediaPortal.DeployTool.exe
    65bb6aef
    KERNELBASE.dll
    b756c9ff
    e0434352
    000000000002cf19
    01da60eb72e4347c
    C:\Users\Chuck\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\MediaPortal.DeployTool.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    288e70da-b435-4aad-a31e-46e91a650338

(and later attempt)
    Application: MediaPortal.DeployTool.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowUnauthorizedAccessException(System.ExceptionResource)
    at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.EnsureWriteable()
    at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(System.String, System.Object, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind)
    at MediaPortal.DeployTool.Utils.FixMediaPortal64RegistryPath(System.String)
    at MediaPortal.DeployTool.Utils.FixMediaPortal64RegistryPath()
    at MediaPortal.DeployTool.DeployTool..ctor()
    at MediaPortal.DeployTool.Program.Main()

Faulting application name: MediaPortal.DeployTool.exe, version: 1.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x65bb6aef
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3996, time stamp: 0xb756c9ff
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19
    Faulting process id: 0x12b8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01da60f46665e2d6
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Chuck\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\MediaPortal.DeployTool.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: c448795d-a858-4964-b747-61a16f1d27c3
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    That's what started it all. 1.33 PreRelease wouldn't open the Deploy Tool after the files unpacked. I already had 1.32 PreRelease installed and working perfectly (for my needs). Now, after all the testing to get error messages, 1.32 Pre doesn't install anymore (stops during deploy with the can not register key error)
    Many thanks. I'm surprised, that I didn't catch this bug when testing this function:mad:.
    Please, can you test the current installer from this post (based on latest test branch)?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Many thanks. I'm surprised, that I didn't catch this bug when testing this function:mad:.
    Please, can you test the current installer from this post (based on latest test branch)?
    The initial install seems to have been successful, with no errors. I was able to run Config and find the tvserver. I am adding back in my plugins and ProgramData from one of the previously working 1.33 x64 PreRelease clients before I run MP.

Thank you.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Looks Like ....
    IT'S ALIVE.jpg

Thanks Again!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    found an issue with x64 TV Server and the Schedules Direct plugin. When I installed TV Server 1.33 x64 pre over my 1.32 x 86 TV Server, I had two weeks of guide already scheduled. Now that 2 weeks is up, I realized TV Server was not refreshing SD to keep the TV Guide updated. I had to install 1.33 x86 TV Service to get my SD refresh to refill my Guide.

MP TV Server 1.33 x86 pre is working with Schedules Direct, and showing 2 weeks of TV Guide data in my x64 clients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom